Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SRV Google Rating

Go down 
+5
silvertonguedevil
type 4
Bradford
Andy
Mateo
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Mateo
Admin
Mateo

SRV Google Rating Empty
PostSubject: SRV Google Rating   SRV Google Rating EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 10:15 pm

So Saturday night after getting back from the lake trip, I was thinking about going to the Vallejo show.

So I typed in California Bug Bash into Google and was a bit surprised to see the SRV boards ranked first in the search engine. Especially over some other well known boards.

So today I did what I do best and checked out the SRV SEO rating on the Internet search engines and I was shocked that we are pretty much screaming to the top of the charts in regards to VW related topics.

So good job guys, our NONSENSE is keeping us topical!!!!

There are companies out there paying big bucks for search engine optimization, we should sell our services.

Woo hoo! We rock! Keep up the good work.

Back to top Go down
Andy
State Route
Andy

SRV Google Rating Empty
PostSubject: Re: SRV Google Rating   SRV Google Rating EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 11:33 pm

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bradford
Admin
Bradford

SRV Google Rating Empty
PostSubject: Re: SRV Google Rating   SRV Google Rating EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 11:56 pm

That is pretty cool. Thanks for that!
Back to top Go down
http://www.norcalvdubs.com
type 4
State Route
type 4

SRV Google Rating Empty
PostSubject: Re: SRV Google Rating   SRV Google Rating EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 12:25 am

I am always finding my pictures and post when I am researching VW stuff. it is also why I am careful posting members license plates in pics.
Back to top Go down
Mateo
Admin
Mateo

SRV Google Rating Empty
PostSubject: Re: SRV Google Rating   SRV Google Rating EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 12:43 am

Yea, from an Internet Security consulting standpoint, while blocking out license plate numbers is a pain, it is a best practice.

It is pretty simple to do in Windows Paint or iPhoto on the Mac.

However, the CA DMV site is not all that secure and there are several ways of determining the location of a specific vehicle if wanted.

So take that for what it is worth.

If any of you entrepreneurs out there want to make a million bucks, invent a camera that has logic in it to automatically determine you are taking a picture of a license plate and automatically block it out. Should not be too hard.

And then get the Government to REQUIRE your logic on all digital cameras sold in the US as a Homeland Security solution.

There you go, don't ever say I didn't give one to you.

Oh, if anyone take this idea and runs with it, you better send me a check since I pretty much just patented the idea by posting on this board...
Back to top Go down
Bradford
Admin
Bradford

SRV Google Rating Empty
PostSubject: Re: SRV Google Rating   SRV Google Rating EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 12:49 am

Ahh.. but I have the power of delete! bahhahahaahahaha
Back to top Go down
http://www.norcalvdubs.com
Mateo
Admin
Mateo

SRV Google Rating Empty
PostSubject: Re: SRV Google Rating   SRV Google Rating EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 1:03 am

So you think, but is it really deleted completely, ever???

Come over to the Dark Side and you too will understand the true power of the Force.

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

SRV Google Rating Empty
PostSubject: Re: SRV Google Rating   SRV Google Rating EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 9:53 am

I've never really understood the blocking out of the license plate thing. Most car magazines still show license plates.
Back to top Go down
dsimas

dsimas

SRV Google Rating Empty
PostSubject: Re: SRV Google Rating   SRV Google Rating EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 12:25 pm

Mateo, LOVE your new avatar. Just sayin'. ;-)
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

SRV Google Rating Empty
PostSubject: Re: SRV Google Rating   SRV Google Rating EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 2:20 pm

Mateo wrote:
However, the CA DMV site is not all that secure and there are several ways of determining the location of a specific vehicle if wanted.

So take that for what it is worth.

HEY IS THERE A WAY YOU CAN FIND OUT HOW MANY CARS IN AN AREA (SUCH AS NEVADA COUNTY/GRASS VALLEY, ETC) WOULD NEED A SMOG? scratch MAYBE NAMES, AND OR ADDRESSES?? THAT WOULD BE GOLD FOR ME RIGHT NOW AND IN THE FUTURE.

I COULD SEND CARDS OUT AS REMINDERS TO FOLKS THAT KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ME AND THAT MAYBE WILLING TO MAKE THE 10 MINUTE ROUND TRIP DRIVE TO SEE ME. IM SURE I COULD WORK SOMETHING UP ($$$) IF THERE WAS Very Happy .

IM NOT REALLY COMPUTER LITERATE MYSELF. I GET THEM TO DO WHAT I NEED EVENTUALLY Smile DONT KNOW ANY COOL SHORT CUTS TRICKS OR ANY OF THE OTHER GOOD STUFF THO. poo poo MY PHONE PROBABLY DOES SO SO MUCH MORE THAN I WILL EVER NEED IT TO DO AND IVE NOT FIGURED OUT MOST OF THE BASIC STUFF ON IT AND HAVE HAD IT ALMOST 2 YEARS NOW. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.altasierrasmogstop.com
Jim Douglas Jr
SacTown
Jim Douglas Jr

SRV Google Rating Empty
PostSubject: Re: SRV Google Rating   SRV Google Rating EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 3:37 pm

Craigslist.
Best thing you can do to spread the word free.
Flyers at car shows.

Have someone like me proofread your ad first, or let me know what you'd like it to say and write it for you. I worked for years in advertising and as a letter writer. I'm very articulate.
You want everything correct and to the point without seeming harsh.

have a few good pictures of your shop ready if you want to post a craigslist ad.
Back to top Go down
http://lovebugfans.com/
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

SRV Google Rating Empty
PostSubject: Re: SRV Google Rating   SRV Google Rating EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 9:06 pm

...and capitalize the beginning of a sentence Kyle.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovebugfans.com
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

SRV Google Rating Empty
PostSubject: Re: SRV Google Rating   SRV Google Rating EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 10:26 pm

Oooh.....nice one!
Back to top Go down
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

SRV Google Rating Empty
PostSubject: Re: SRV Google Rating   SRV Google Rating EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 10:30 pm

Notice that he has no response.

Of course, now he will.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovebugfans.com
Sponsored content

SRV Google Rating Empty
PostSubject: Re: SRV Google Rating   SRV Google Rating Empty

Back to top Go down

SRV Google Rating
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Norcal Vdubs :: Chat Central-