Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bug-O-Rama CAMP OUT!!

Go down 
+5
silvertonguedevil
type 4
Smogman72
dsimas
Cat Raymond
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cat Raymond

Cat Raymond

Bug-O-Rama CAMP OUT!! Empty
PostSubject: Bug-O-Rama CAMP OUT!!   Bug-O-Rama CAMP OUT!! EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 6:05 pm

Just to let everyone know, in case anyone else is interested in joining in, Dawn and I will be camping at Bug-O on Saturday night so we don't have to leave Auburn at the crack of dawn (no pun intended). I will most likely be driving my water bug and would like to put him in the show if there's a water pumper division. If not then I'll corral with the rst of the group on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
dsimas

dsimas

PostSubject: Re: Bug-O-Rama CAMP OUT!!   Bug-O-Rama CAMP OUT!! EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 12:18 am

Cat, I emailed you earlier tonight that I couldn't and already that has changed. I found someone to milk the cow and *am* going to be able to camp after all. So, I think we are cruising down in Velvet following Dave with some stuff to sell in the swap meet. He said around 10am departure on Saturday. Gonna be fun! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cat Raymond

Cat Raymond

PostSubject: Re: Bug-O-Rama CAMP OUT!!   Bug-O-Rama CAMP OUT!! EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 1:01 pm

Yeah! This is going to be fun. I will be bringing BLU F O as I don't think the Squareback will b ready in time (but you never know).
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: Bug-O-Rama CAMP OUT!!   Bug-O-Rama CAMP OUT!! EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 3:10 pm

OK ALL. THERE IS A GROUP OF VWers THAT ARE GOING DOWN AT 10AM TO SET UP THERE BOOTHS FOR BUG O RAMA.

FOR THOSE OF US THAT WANT TO DO SOME CAMPING LETS GO DOWN ON SAT. AS WELL!!!!

PERSONALLY I WONT BE ABLE TO CRUISE DOWN AT 10AM FOR SET UP BUT AFTERNOON I SHOULD BE ABLE TO GO DOWN. IF ANYONE ELSE WOULD LIKE TO CRUISE DOWN WITH ME SOMETIME DURING THE AFTERNOON ON SAT. THE 3RD LET ME KNOW.

FROM WHAT IVE BEEN TOLD ITS $20 PER PERSON FOR ADMISSION AND $20 TO CAMP.
Back to top Go down
http://www.altasierrasmogstop.com
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Re: Bug-O-Rama CAMP OUT!!   Bug-O-Rama CAMP OUT!! EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 3:13 pm

I am cheating I posted this on another spot

Now you are talking... This weekend is Anniversary weekend 23 years. Next weekend is party at the BUG-OOOO. It looks like Dawn, Cat, Tim, Don, Ken, Chris, Carl, Me, Wilton Dave. I am so stoked. Now Cliff you and Mary should join us, Mary can sell jewelry.
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: Bug-O-Rama CAMP OUT!!   Bug-O-Rama CAMP OUT!! EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 3:19 pm

SOUNDS LIKE WE'LL NEED TO SET UP A COMPOUND Laughing Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Cat Raymond

Cat Raymond

PostSubject: Re: Bug-O-Rama CAMP OUT!!   Bug-O-Rama CAMP OUT!! EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 3:21 pm

Groovy! There will be a bunch of us. I know you're not supposed to bring in alcohol, but I thnink I'm going to bring some wine in an anonymous container.

Better yet - I'll bring a bottle of champagne so we can all toast my new toy.
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Re: Bug-O-Rama CAMP OUT!!   Bug-O-Rama CAMP OUT!! EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 3:29 pm

We cannot leave the swap area due to treasures. This may be one of the best ever
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Bug-O-Rama CAMP OUT!!   Bug-O-Rama CAMP OUT!! EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 3:43 pm

I wont be camping but I'll see y'all there. Are we going to have a meeting spot like last Bug-o? Are we rocking the banner?

Ps---Cliff, do you still have all of the business cards?
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: Bug-O-Rama CAMP OUT!!   Bug-O-Rama CAMP OUT!! EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 3:56 pm

silvertonguedevil wrote:
I wont be camping but I'll see y'all there. Are we going to have a meeting spot like last Bug-o? Are we rocking the banner?

Ps---Cliff, do you still have all of the business cards?

IM SURE WE'LL MISS SOME OR MOST OF THE GROUP FOR THE CAMP OUT (SHORT NOTICE). BANNER? YUP, CARDS? YUP, SURE DO.
Back to top Go down
dsimas

dsimas

PostSubject: Re: Bug-O-Rama CAMP OUT!!   Bug-O-Rama CAMP OUT!! EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 5:29 pm

Depending on how it goes with lining up help with someone to take care of the farm here, I may have to cruise with Cliff instead of 10am. I have a lot of stuff to sell though. I guess it will still sell on Sunday? I've never been on a Saturday. Is there a lot of shopping the swap on Saturday?
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Re: Bug-O-Rama CAMP OUT!!   Bug-O-Rama CAMP OUT!! EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 5:34 pm

Think of it like this wholesale Saturday Retail Sunday..
Back to top Go down
dsimas

dsimas

PostSubject: Re: Bug-O-Rama CAMP OUT!!   Bug-O-Rama CAMP OUT!! EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 5:44 pm

So, if I'm selling, I want Sunday anyways then, right?
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Re: Bug-O-Rama CAMP OUT!!   Bug-O-Rama CAMP OUT!! EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 5:51 pm

My motto not much goes home. You should be fine. So we will be partying with Cat. She know Chris and I and the rest are pretty chilled.

You know the gates close at 10pm
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: Bug-O-Rama CAMP OUT!!   Bug-O-Rama CAMP OUT!! EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 6:39 pm

type 4 wrote:
You know the gates close at 10pm

WE SHOULD BE IN THERE AND SET UP LONG BEFORE 10PM.

IM THINKING LEAVE GV/COLFAX OR AUBURN AREA EARLY MID AFTERNOON FOR US STRAGGLERS. LET ME KNOW DAWN MATT. WHATS A GOOD TIME? 1? 3? 5? Question Question
Back to top Go down
Mateo
Admin
Mateo

PostSubject: Re: Bug-O-Rama CAMP OUT!!   Bug-O-Rama CAMP OUT!! EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 6:40 pm

Hmmm... I am pondering this.

There is a slim chance I may camp, but there is ALOT I would have to get done between now and then.

May is in pieces, the trailer hasn't moved in two years, the truck needs brakes, I need a winch in the trailer to get May up the ramp, etc...

But I will be there on Sunday worst case scenario.

It could be a good practice run for racing next year...
Back to top Go down
Cat Raymond

Cat Raymond

PostSubject: Re: Bug-O-Rama CAMP OUT!!   Bug-O-Rama CAMP OUT!! EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 7:53 pm

I should be fine leaving in the morning (10 ish right?). If anyone caravaning down wants to meet with me in Auburn, we can all go together. Depending which way you guys like to go, I could meet you somewhere easy.
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Re: Bug-O-Rama CAMP OUT!!   Bug-O-Rama CAMP OUT!! EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 3:51 pm

If you leave to early Saturday you will get fried from the heat. Unless you are after a real rare part you can come later. We would always shoot for 3pm or so to arrive when we camped. I would open a 2 I believe but the last couple of times it has been earlier.

I am going to start to load my truck this weekend so I can figure out what I can bring. I believe we are going to take the Bug and try to sell it. We will see a lot changes in a week.

Back to top Go down
dsimas

dsimas

PostSubject: Re: Bug-O-Rama CAMP OUT!!   Bug-O-Rama CAMP OUT!! EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 4:51 pm

Hmmm, I don't know where I got it, on another thread apparently. I thought Dave said that they were leaving at 10am and stopping for lunch somewhere, which is too early for me. Afternoon is great!
Back to top Go down
Cat Raymond

Cat Raymond

PostSubject: Re: Bug-O-Rama CAMP OUT!!   Bug-O-Rama CAMP OUT!! EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 7:49 pm

I know the gates officially open at 2 p.m. on Saturday (according to the Bug-O webpage). So for those of us not selling/vending will we even be able to get in before then?
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Re: Bug-O-Rama CAMP OUT!!   Bug-O-Rama CAMP OUT!! EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 10:39 pm

If you are just camping you do not have to leave at the crack of Dawn (sorry). We are leaving at 10am to be where we want to sell that all.

Back to top Go down
dsimas

dsimas

PostSubject: Re: Bug-O-Rama CAMP OUT!!   Bug-O-Rama CAMP OUT!! EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 11:55 pm

Aha! That's where I got that you were going at 10am. I thought I was losing my mind. I have a lot to add to your swap spot to sell if you have room? If so, I'll bring it down in the bus... But then I could also bring Bessie, the Traveling Egg Trailer, my little vintage RV. If there's room, I can bake cookies and have coffee on, hot water to do dishes, bathroom, woohoo, living large. Smile
Back to top Go down
Davids74Super
SacTown
Davids74Super

PostSubject: Re: Bug-O-Rama CAMP OUT!!   Bug-O-Rama CAMP OUT!! EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 1:25 am

I race, so I generally get there when the gates open (or before) so I can park by people I know. I sleep in the back of my truck, but in May, since it was raining, I slept in the cab. Next morning I was stiff, and it took a while for my legs to work correctly. good times.
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Re: Bug-O-Rama CAMP OUT!!   Bug-O-Rama CAMP OUT!! EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 9:51 am

They may charge you double for the camper at the swap meet, they are funny you never know. I curl up on the back seat of the truck, Chris is on foam in the bed.
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Re: Bug-O-Rama CAMP OUT!!   Bug-O-Rama CAMP OUT!! EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 10:23 am

Cliff how about we hang the banner at our swap space? We may be able to sell it if you want..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bug-O-Rama CAMP OUT!!   Bug-O-Rama CAMP OUT!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Bug-O-Rama CAMP OUT!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next