Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

need a carb asap

Go down 
+2
low67vdubinnocal
natthan
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
justcruzin

justcruzin

need a carb asap - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 5:13 pm

low67vdubinnocal wrote:
Honesty I thought he left the keys with the two guys . Hope there is no emergancy or anything where the car would have to be moved . He said he works at pick n pull so that might give him a leg up on late bug parts .

LOL We found the key. It was in the ignition. Shocked No big deal, it was safe even with the key in it.

We did trade it for a Pinto today, hope you don't mind Natthan! Very Happy

need a carb asap - Page 3 File-11

We pushed it in the garage. Bob is going to take a look at it tonight. Natthan, if you want to come by ( if you can get a ride here and possibly back) and putter on it, we are in the garage from about 5pm till about 8pm. We go out there every night so if you need to get it running before Sat. and can come between those hours, it is fine with us. I didn't realize it was your only transportation till last night. Hate to make you wait till Sat. You still have to come Sat though. LOL That is if you are off work. Very Happy The more the merrier on Tech Day. We have a good time!
Back to top Go down
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 5:14 pm

low67vdubinnocal wrote:
he works at pick n pull so that might give him a leg up on late bug parts .

This is good news! I need a heads up when Busses come into the yard! Wink Wink Very Happy
Back to top Go down
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 11:11 pm

Looking at Natthans bug!

need a carb asap - Page 3 18478014-DB60-4387-AD21-2FFE53D45345-3491-0000011B349B8955

Not looking good! Going to clean the oil off and replace oil cooler seals!

need a carb asap - Page 3 630D44E0-3778-419E-89C5-F55A18EE7195-3491-0000011C21F7FA79

Natthan, we may have some things you need to look for. Will let you know soon.

Back to top Go down
low67vdubinnocal

low67vdubinnocal

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 11:35 pm

I may have a few extra parts depending on what he needs.
Back to top Go down
Breck

Breck

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 11:51 pm

What the hell guys!!!! The carb is located on the top of the motor!!!
Back to top Go down
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 11:57 pm

low67vdubinnocal wrote:
I may have a few extra parts depending on what he needs.

We haven't looked to see what tins we have yet, but if we don't have the later model tins, he desperately needs the front and rear tins. His are missing all together. He also needs an engine seal. That he may have to get new though, unless someone has a good used one? So far that is all I know of. Bob and them got the motor out, as seen above and gave it one washing. They will wash it down one more time tomorrow and go from there. There is more, but we will go over it with Natthan when he can make it over here. This stuff is just stuff needed to put the motor back in correctly so it wont burn up!!!

Back to top Go down
Breck

Breck

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 11:59 pm

So Kim...really why is the motor out?? I thought it had a carb problem??
Back to top Go down
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 12:05 am

Breck wrote:
What the hell guys!!!! The carb is located on the top of the motor!!!

LOL Breck, there is a lot more that is wrong. We wanted to at least give Natthan a fighting chance to keep his bug on the road. Besides, I think Bob and them were bored. LOL It started off with just going to look at it, then all of the sudden the motor was out. LOL
Back to top Go down
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 12:10 am

Oh, and don't everyone start stressing out. They are not charging him for pulling the motor and all. If we were going to charge we would have waited and talked to Natthan and let him know the cost. All we are doing is cleaning the motor up, putting new seals (which we should have laying around) on the oil cooler. Natthan may need to find some tin before the motor goes in, but as stated above, we haven't looked to see what we have yet.

This is all about helping one another. We understand that not everyone is made out of money. Pay it forward is the motto. That and you never know, one day Natthan may be able to help us out. Just like Dewey has helped me out on my bus. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
low67vdubinnocal

low67vdubinnocal

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 12:11 am

I saw it was missing a lot of tin and would soon be melting.
Back to top Go down
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 12:14 am

low67vdubinnocal wrote:
I saw it was missing a lot of tin and would soon be melting.

Yah, that is one reason we pulled the motor, that and the oil cooler seals. I can't see just fixing the running problem to let Natthan go and have his motor melt in a few miles down the road. Specially with summer coming up.
Back to top Go down
low67vdubinnocal

low67vdubinnocal

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 12:15 am

What ever extra tin I have if it wont fit his you can keep and use it for the next tinless person that comes alone.
Back to top Go down
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 12:19 am

low67vdubinnocal wrote:
What ever extra tin I have if it wont fit his you can keep and use it for the next tinless person that comes alone.

He only needs the front and rear, but he needs the one that fits his later motor. I think most of our stuff is for single manifold motors and his is a dual preheat model. We will look tomorrow and let you know.

We figure do all this stuff now and when tech day gets here (unless Natthan wants to come over in the evenings too), we can help him get it all back together and running.
Back to top Go down
Breck

Breck

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 12:19 am

I think Nathan said that he lives by me. If he needs a ride out to your place after work someone let him know and I will pick him up and take him. Just let me know. I am also in communication with Nikky, I am trying to get her super sorted. She may need some stock 4 lug rims for the front of her car. I am sure the offset is causing the rubbing problem.
might also have some other suspension issues but I need to see it.
Back to top Go down
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 12:21 am

Breck wrote:
I think Nathan said that he lives by me. If he needs a ride out to your place after work someone let him know and I will pick him up and take him. Just let me know. I am also in communication with Nikky, I am trying to get her super sorted. She may need some stock 4 lug rims for the front of her car. I am sure the offset is causing the rubbing problem.
might also have some other suspension issues but I need to see it.

Yah, I'm not sure how is ride situation is. I haven't heard from him yet. That may work out good for him.

As far as the 4 lug wheels, I think all we have is wide 5s.
Back to top Go down
natthan

natthan

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 3:03 pm

Wow I had no idea that this was going on I thought we were going to do all this on the fix it day and I might be able to talk to roommate to give me a ride.
Back to top Go down
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 3:19 pm

natthan wrote:
Wow I had no idea that this was going on I thought we were going to do all this on the fix it day and I might be able to talk to roommate to give me a ride.

You will still be doing it on Tech Day. Bob wasn't planning on pulling the motor till he saw that it was missing the tins. He figured since we really need to get those on there, he would pull the motor and at least get it cleaned up.

We can either leave it like it is right now and show you how to fix the oil cooler seals and put the motor back in. Or, we can put those in and get the motor back in, then you can work on it from that point. It's up to you. Bob wanted to get a step ahead so there would be time do get it running on Tech Day. We also figured that it is you only transportation so might as well fix it right the first time. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Breck

Breck

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 6:31 pm

Nathan let me know if you need a ride!!! I am going on Saturday with or without you!!!!!
Back to top Go down
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 10:23 pm

Ok, so here is what we need for Sat. Just 2 things. 1 is the front tin for a dual preheat motor. 2 the seal for the engine compartment. Nathan, you most likely have to get the seal new.

We only have a tin for the back. Our front tins are all one preheat style.
Back to top Go down
low67vdubinnocal

low67vdubinnocal

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 11:20 pm

I don't have that piece of double heat riser tin either. I have the stock single heat riser from a 67 if anyone else is looking for that piece in factroy tin. I saw it was missing the right and left lower outside tins that direct air around 2 and 4 .
Back to top Go down
natthan

natthan

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 3:55 am

Do you think that bugformance has that part?
Back to top Go down
Breck

Breck

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 12:54 pm

Yes Nathan I am pretty sure that they would have one!!!
Back to top Go down
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 3:29 pm

low67vdubinnocal wrote:
I don't have that piece of double heat riser tin either. I have the stock single heat riser from a 67 if anyone else is looking for that piece in factroy tin. I saw it was missing the right and left lower outside tins that direct air around 2 and 4 .

Yah, Bob mentioned it was missing more then just the 2 tins, but not till after I posted what he needed. We may be able to make a single heat riser tin work. Not sure what other tins we have as far as the others he is missing. Will have to look Sat. and see what we can come up with. This may have to be put on a list of what he needs to get from his work! Very Happy

As far as the engine seal, yes BF will have that.

Back to top Go down
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 5:40 pm

Nathan, when you go to BF to get the seal, make sure you get both of them. The one for the going up the back of the motor and also the one around the motor. Just tell the guy's at BF you need both engine seals that go on the body of the car. Very Happy

As far as the other tins, I'm sure we should have the little pieces that are missing. We will have to fabricate one of the single preheat tins to work on your dual preheat though. Unless you can find one at your work today! Or, if someone else may have one to offer up? Very Happy

EDIT: Nathan, I just went and double checked you seals. Looks like your top one is there but just a little torn. It will probably do if you don't have the funds to buy them both. So mainly you need the one that goes around the motor only! Sorry for the confusion but Bob thought it was worse then what it is. I'm glad I went and checked!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
low67vdubinnocal

low67vdubinnocal

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 9:07 pm

need a carb asap - Page 3 1020978 I need to make this picture bigger but this is the pully side tin that is trimmed for the preheat tubes. I'm replacing it with a non trimmed piece for merged headers. If you guys and natthin want to try and trim this after market tin piece and not use a factroy piece he can have it. If it does not work out it's after market tin and I wont loose any sleep over it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

need a carb asap
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next