Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

need a carb asap

Go down 
+2
low67vdubinnocal
natthan
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
justcruzin

justcruzin

need a carb asap - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 9:15 pm

low67vdubinnocal wrote:
need a carb asap - Page 4 1020978 I need to make this picture bigger but this is the pully side tin that is trimmed for the preheat tubes. I'm replacing it with a non trimmed piece for merged headers. If you guys and natthin want to try and trim this after market tin piece and not use a factroy piece he can have it. If it does not work out it's after market tin and I wont loose any sleep over it.

We could try it. Are you coming to the Tech Day then?
Back to top Go down
low67vdubinnocal

low67vdubinnocal

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 9:57 pm

I think we will as it's bug driving weather anyways. Should we bring something like donuts or whats the rules ?
Back to top Go down
natthan

natthan

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 12:30 am

You guys are confuseing me Idk what these twins are??? And I'll see what I can do I'll most likely bring my skate board and see what I need from you guys and head to bf
Back to top Go down
natthan

natthan

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 12:30 am

Tins*
Back to top Go down
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 12:51 am

Here is a "front" tin, meaning behind the fan shroud. Yah, the front of the motor is actually up against the tranny. Now that is confusing. LOL

need a carb asap - Page 4 Vw_front_engine_tin_8951

Here is what a typical rear tin looks like. Yours will be different. I just picked the first tin I could find. Very Happy

need a carb asap - Page 4 Vw_rear_engine_tin_black_8936

We can give you a ride to BF so don't worry about the skateboard! Very Happy

See you tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
natthan

natthan

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 1:38 am

OK sweet
Back to top Go down
low67vdubinnocal

low67vdubinnocal

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 1:58 am

I'm gonna bring some extra 009 parts just in case. I know thats not the best distributor for his engine carb setup but seeing as he has an 009 and works at pick and pull when a late bug comes in with an svda distributor he can snag it and have his buggy runnin like a top. Not sure if you guys ever had time to look and see if natthans car had fire or not.
Back to top Go down
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 2:19 am

low67vdubinnocal wrote:
I'm gonna bring some extra 009 parts just in case. I know thats not the best distributor for his engine carb setup but seeing as he has an 009 and works at pick and pull when a late bug comes in with an svda distributor he can snag it and have his buggy runnin like a top. Not sure if you guys ever had time to look and see if natthans car had fire or not.

No, when Bob opened the deck lid and saw all the oil and the debri in the fan shroud, he pulled the motor. After talking to Nathan, we are waiting for Tech Day to let Nathan finish putting oil cooler seals in and then start putting things back together. Then at least we will be dealing with a clean safe motor.

We figure by the time Nathan (with the help from all of us) gets his motor ready to go back in the bug, Breck will be done with the lift. Then we can put his motor in and get back to the original problem! We can also try to diagnose it on the ground too. We have a starter jig.

Back to top Go down
Breck

Breck

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 2:25 am

I should not take very long on the lift at all. Just gonna check my clutch linkage/boden tube set up.
Back to top Go down
low67vdubinnocal

low67vdubinnocal

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 2:30 am

Well should we bring snacks or whats the rules for showing up for a tech day ?
Back to top Go down
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 2:36 am

Breck wrote:
I should not take very long on the lift at all. Just gonna check my clutch linkage/boden tube set up.

I thought you were going to raise your front end some more?
Back to top Go down
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 2:40 am

low67vdubinnocal wrote:
Well should we bring snacks or whats the rules for showing up for a tech day ?

We kind of just play it by ear on the food thing. Sometimes people want something other times they leave before they get hungry. LOL We can do pizza or whatever people decide on. You can bring anything you want to snack on. I do have some sodas and a contribution bucket to help replenish it. Very Happy

Here is the link to the Tech Day thread. It gives the times and address. The ending time is just in place just in case things end early, but if thing run over that time it is no big deal.
http://www.norcalvdubs.com/t1642-tech-day-february-2nd
Back to top Go down
Breck

Breck

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 2:55 am

justcruzin wrote:
Breck wrote:

Oh no, way to much work for this weekend Lol I am trying to build up some steam for that one again!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 3:03 am

Breck wrote:
justcruzin wrote:
Breck wrote:

Oh no, way to much work for this weekend Lol I am trying to build up some steam for that one again!!!!!!!!

LOL, there's always March Tech Day. Very Happy I just didn't want you to think we wouldn't have time to do your and Nathan's. We will be fine. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Breck

Breck

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 10:47 am

Nathan's is much more exciting. Its fun to watch a downed bug get put back on the road!!
Back to top Go down
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 12:35 pm

Breck wrote:
Nathan's is much more exciting. Its fun to watch a downed bug get put back on the road!!

LOL, Ok, that sounds like a reasonable excuse. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 12:02 am

Well, we got Nathan's bug going again. Sadly only for a short time. I just got done talking to him and he said it broke down again but this time it was close to home so he was able to get it to his house. Say's it did the same thing and just cut out and wont start.

What we thought was the problem was the coil. He was not getting spark to the points. So we put one of my old coils on it and it fired up. Well, once the got the plug wires in the right spots. LOL Needless to say, it did run and sounded pretty good considering the muffler is shot. His battery was dead so they used one of Bob's to get it started. Then they switched them around once it was running decent. He started his drive home and called and said the gen light was on and he could only do about 50 mph. I had him check his belt and it was good. We figured maybe it wasn't charging to well do to the battery being dead and having to run the lights and all.
That is what happened prior to it cutting out and not starting.

Anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this? Could something be killing his coils? I will be asking Bob as soon as he wakes up. LOL He had a rough day. LOL
Back to top Go down
MoonMullins

MoonMullins

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 2:51 am

Bob got his hands dirty and had to take a nap!LOL
Back to top Go down
Breck

Breck

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 12:23 pm

Sounds like the gen/alt is not charging to me. Works when cool stops when hot????????
Back to top Go down
low67vdubinnocal

low67vdubinnocal

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 4:22 pm

That was the most I have done since having my shoulder redone and I didn't do much of anything but i'm beat up today. Maybe it's just old age. If his alternator died on the way home and it was on it's way out it does not take long to drain the battery with the lights on. I'm not sure if his alternator is internaly or externaly regulated. I have a bosch alternator from a 73 but no external regulator. Maybe the coil is still good but a dead battery and no power is the issue. The bearing noise in that alternator was pretty bad so maybe it just died and went to car part heavan.
Back to top Go down
natthan

natthan

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 11:09 pm

I just looked at my external regulater is leaking?
Back to top Go down
natthan

natthan

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 12:10 am

Oh I think I have found a name for my beetle
Back to top Go down
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 12:18 am

natthan wrote:
Oh I think I have found a name for my beetle

Broken? LOL Very Happy
Back to top Go down
natthan

natthan

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 1:15 am

Lol no Lucy
Back to top Go down
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 11:35 pm

We went and picked up Nathan's car tonight and it is back in our garage. We have the battery charger on it for tonight and Greg is going to bring over the Bocsh Alternator tomorrow. Bob will look at it that night when he gets off work.

Greg, you say the Alternator doesn't have an external regulator. Does it have the internal one or are we going to have to find one? Nathan's external one is history. It is most definitely leaking. If we need to find one, this is what is currently on is car.

need a carb asap - Page 4 File_zpsf152faee

So if Greg's alternator doesn't have an internal regulator, we need to find one like the pic above.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

need a carb asap
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next