Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

WHERES THE MOMENTUM???

Go down 
+7
Bradford
60herbie53
Jim Douglas Jr
Bahabuggin
Davids74Super
zuhaelter_82
Smogman72
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Low Class
State Route
Low Class

WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHERES THE MOMENTUM???   WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 11:38 am

I will jump in here and make a suggestion. I think that we should try and do some planning after the tech day and evening cruise in February. Maybe we could cruise down to Mel's or some other place down in Auburn and bring our calendars with us so we can get some dates in ink. Most of us are aware of the big dates for this year.

http://www.bugorama.com/

It would be nice to make plans early in the year so there will a better chance for people to make the dates. I would like to do a toy run this December santa and I also like the idea of the 4th of July parade. Last year the Angles camp show was nice! It was a fun cruise back to Grass Valley which included a stop at In-n-Out. That is my 2 cents worth. Put me down for the 19th.
Back to top Go down
Bradford
Admin
Bradford

PostSubject: Re: WHERES THE MOMENTUM???   WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 12:18 pm

Not everyone is available that day for meeting. We have had several request for a Sunday meeting just for the planing.

The Feb. meet is still on... I am actually thinking a Sunday in the next few weeks.. so we can get the Calendars out before the next meet.

Love the ideas.. I like the toy drive idea... and yes, Angels Camp was a fun show. I also know the Placerville guys try to do a little show. So we need to start getting these dates if they have them.

KEEP the ideas a rolling!
Back to top Go down
http://www.norcalvdubs.com
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: idea   WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 12:24 pm

We always camp over at Bugorama if anyone wants to join us they are welcome. Sometimes its a little loud but not always. Plus we get all the good deals before the gates open. The swap meet really opens Saturday. We could always set up a hospitality tent unless we are selling. i am easy.

David
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: WHERES THE MOMENTUM???   WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 1:01 pm

type 4 wrote:
i am easy.

Good to know!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Low Class
State Route
Low Class

PostSubject: Re: WHERES THE MOMENTUM???   WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 1:47 pm

I am open for a Sunday afternoon. Which Sunday were you thinking? Question
Back to top Go down
Bradford
Admin
Bradford

PostSubject: Re: WHERES THE MOMENTUM???   WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 4:01 pm

Okay.. got a chance to do some searching. Here is the main events I have found so far:

Feb 27th.. TRP indoor Swap.. Roseville
March 13th.. Sonntag Treffin.. Murphy's. Put on by Mother Lode VW's
April 10th.. Ranch Run.. Lincoln
April 17th.. Kelley Park.. San Jose
May 29th.. Bug O Rama.. Sacramento
June 24th.. Lakeport Show and Shine.. Lakeport
July 30th.. Mother Lode Show.. Angels Camp
Sept 4th.. Bug O rama.. Sacramento

I am suprised to see that there is no shows anymore in the Bay Area. In the 90's there was 3 - 4 show is the bay alone. Things have really slowed down.

I have never been to a Sonntag Treffin.. but looks kick back and fun. All the other shows are really good a worth going to. The Lakeport show is a blast... camping on the lake and walking into downtown.. lot's of fun.

So there is the main shows. So if you guys can find any others within our area, please post them so we know. Then when we meet for the planning, we can plug our own events in around these shows.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: WHERES THE MOMENTUM???   WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 9:29 pm

Sweet! Thanks for doing the homework there. It should be easy to plan ahead now. I don't know of any others.
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: WHERES THE MOMENTUM???   WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 9:30 pm

Low Class wrote:
I am open for a Sunday afternoon. Which Sunday were you thinking? Question

X2. I'm pretty open. This Sunday is good. The one following is Super Bowl so that's out. Or the Sunday after that is good too. But then we're talking about the middle of February......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WHERES THE MOMENTUM???   WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 11:09 pm

I'm good for this Sunday also.
Back to top Go down
Low Class
State Route
Low Class

PostSubject: Re: WHERES THE MOMENTUM???   WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 11:28 am

I think I could do this Sunday. Brad, say where and when.
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: I am in   WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 11:38 am

I may be available. Choices, last run in a slow bug, or maiden voyage on the TURBO.

If it is raining I am out..
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: WHERES THE MOMENTUM???   WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 7:32 pm

CRAP! My Sunday afternoon just got gobbled up. Still good for morning, late morning....lunch anybody? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: idea   WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 9:23 pm

IDEA

EuroSundays if it still going on. I believe its every other Sunday at Pete's coffee on Douglas in Granite Bay. Lots of high Dollar cars, but what the heck I was in a Camry last time.

Eurotrash is a little far for the Maiden Voyage in the Porsche but Lowla is up for it.
Back to top Go down
Low Class
State Route
Low Class

PostSubject: Re: WHERES THE MOMENTUM???   WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 2:17 pm

Let's meet this Sunday at 1:00PM in Auburn. That way we can get the ball rolling. (and maybe tow Brads new ride home Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: sunday   WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 2:37 pm

Euro Sunday is early. Speedie has a ball on the back of the buggie. That would look good.

D
Back to top Go down
Bradford
Admin
Bradford

PostSubject: Re: WHERES THE MOMENTUM???   WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 6:03 pm

I am good for Sunday at 1pm... do we need to do Auburn?.. I am thinking just staying local. It is Sunday and there is plenty of time to come up the hill if any one wants to.

So "Planning Meeting"... Sunday January 30th at 1pm. Where.... Ummmmmmmmm.... Oh.. how about IHOP... they have some tables we can throw together and are not very expensive... Heck, just come and get a soda.

Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: WHERES THE MOMENTUM???   WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 11:36 pm

Is it just me or does it already seem like there's more momentum? I just flopped down tonight after work with my whiskey and coke Very Happy and see there's 7 active posts going since my last visit. That's the most I've seen since I've been around..... Progress?
Back to top Go down
Bradford
Admin
Bradford

PostSubject: Re: WHERES THE MOMENTUM???   WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 11:48 pm

The weather is lifting everyones spirits. Whiskey and coke eh?... I will have to try that.. I usually do rum and coke before bed.. I sleep like a baby!
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: WHERES THE MOMENTUM???   WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 11:57 pm

Sleep Wuh? Huh?

I fell asleep right after typing that! Laughing

No seriously, I like the whiskey with Coke better than rum and Coke. And I'm on a diet so technically, it's whiskey and Diet Coke.
And yes........I'll sleep like a baby tonight also!!
Back to top Go down
amishman
State Route
amishman

PostSubject: Re: WHERES THE MOMENTUM???   WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 1:03 am

That is one thing my wife and I have never been into, hard licqours. Heck, even gifts over the year of special rums and such go to waste in our homestead. Maybe when we grow up one day. Very Happy

Another oddity, we don't drink coffee. Love the smell, don't like the taste. So we drink lots of coke instead. Hehehe

Tj
Back to top Go down
http://www.vwhippie.com

PostSubject: Re: WHERES THE MOMENTUM???   WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 1:15 am

I'm with ya on the coffee. It smells delicious, but tastes like dirty water to me! 6 am? Time for a Pepsi!
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: WHERES THE MOMENTUM???   WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 1:21 am

Besides that....coffee=bad breath. Seriously. Smells like a dead bear's ass!
Back to top Go down
Bradford
Admin
Bradford

PostSubject: Re: WHERES THE MOMENTUM???   WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 2:20 am

Trust me, I cant do hard stuff either.. but rum with some pepsi goes down smooth.

One cup of coffee for me.. and I douse it with hazel nut creamer... so sweet I forget it's coffee...

But I am with Eric... after my cup of coffee.. I am breaking out a pepsi.

Where is this post going???? LOL
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: WHERES THE MOMENTUM???   WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 10:27 am

Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Low Class
State Route
Low Class

PostSubject: Re: WHERES THE MOMENTUM???   WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 11:39 am

Quote :
Where is this post going???? LOL

I am not sure, but the increase in traffic is inspiring. Smile

I can hardly wait for Spring (although the weather has not been too bad lately) when things really get rolling. bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHERES THE MOMENTUM???   WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

WHERES THE MOMENTUM???
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Norcal Vdubs :: State Route Vdubs Affairs-
Jump to: