Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SET DAYS for Meet and Tech Day

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

SET DAYS for Meet and Tech Day Empty
PostSubject: SET DAYS for Meet and Tech Day   SET DAYS for Meet and Tech Day EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 5:21 pm

I know its only been a day or two since my post about the momentum and such but, the input Ive seen and heard today is set days for tech and meet days is the way it seems to be going.

So........Hows this? Please leave some feed back to let me know your feelings.

3rd or 4th Saturday of every month (3rd weekend of Nov. I will be taking some classes so that wont work for me in Nov.) we have tech day here in Alta Sierra, untill another place is offered. Following tech day we have our monthly meet. It can be an all day event. Very Happy The gates at the shop here will open at 9ish and close say 5ish. If you can make it out to the shop come on by spend some time with the group. Come by at your leasure, take off get some stuff done if you need to, whatever. At 5 everyone that wants to meets here, we close up shop and do a cruise to where ever we are having the "offical" meet, whether it be Grass Valley, Auburn, Roseville, etc. For those of you in Placerville, Roseville, etc. that arent able to make the trip up here to the shop you can meet with us at the "meet" location. Mel's has seemed to be a good location so far. Sept. they blocked off the parking area in front of the resaurant for us. That made parking pretty easy. Maybe we will just have a poll for the meeting location.

That is my idea. Leave some feedback so we can fine tune this all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.altasierrasmogstop.com
Davids74Super
SacTown
Davids74Super

PostSubject: Re: SET DAYS for Meet and Tech Day   SET DAYS for Meet and Tech Day EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 7:22 pm

I like the idea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SET DAYS for Meet and Tech Day   SET DAYS for Meet and Tech Day EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 11:00 pm

I like it too! Let's give 'er a go.
Back to top Go down
Mateo
Admin
Mateo

PostSubject: Re: SET DAYS for Meet and Tech Day   SET DAYS for Meet and Tech Day EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 11:50 am

I like the idea too.

But how about the 2nd Saturday of each month? If you look at the calendar, the second Saturday seems to avoid alot of holiday weekends throughout the year.

Just another thought.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SET DAYS for Meet and Tech Day   SET DAYS for Meet and Tech Day EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 11:06 am

ok... Next question is, where is Mel's?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SET DAYS for Meet and Tech Day   SET DAYS for Meet and Tech Day EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 11:32 am

For those of us who don't know the area... exactly where is your shop?
I'm trying to use google maps to find the route and get an idea of how far it is.
Back to top Go down
Ned
State Route
Ned

PostSubject: Re: SET DAYS for Meet and Tech Day   SET DAYS for Meet and Tech Day EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 5:07 pm

I like the Idea of Mels. Its kinda in the middle for everyone. Let me know when Oct. and Nov. is. Will you post a final decision soon so everyone can plan on being there on the 1,2,3 or 4th Sat. from now until it is changed some time. Make it a regular meet at a regular time and place.
Thanks...............Ned... Very Happy
Also Post you Shop location and address.............
I like the idea of the 3 Sat. at Mels....
Back to top Go down
http://www.nedsplace.net
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: SET DAYS for Meet and Tech Day   SET DAYS for Meet and Tech Day EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 12:43 pm

I post the address on the tech day thread:

The address again is: 15563 State Hwy 49 Suite B, Grass Valley, CA 95949.

Just off 49. Theres a signal on 49 for Alta Sierra Dr. We are just up the hill (Johnson way) behind the Grey Goose and Larry and Leena's Pizza.

If you get to the A.S.S. (Alta Sierra Store (Thanx Brad and family)) youve gone to far.

Mel's is on Hwy 49 at Luther Rd. across 49 from the Dodge and Honda and across Luther from the Ford dealer. Not sure of the address.

So far its sounding like we should shoot for the 2nd Sat. of Nov. Again I will be in class the 3rd weekend. So how bout everyone put on your calanders Tech day and Nov. Meet for Nov. 13th. Maybe for Dec. we can try the 3rd.
Back to top Go down
http://www.altasierrasmogstop.com

PostSubject: Re: SET DAYS for Meet and Tech Day   SET DAYS for Meet and Tech Day EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 10:57 am

Thanks for address!
I will try my best to get over to visit. no promises tho.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SET DAYS for Meet and Tech Day   SET DAYS for Meet and Tech Day Empty

Back to top Go down

SET DAYS for Meet and Tech Day
Page 1 of 1