Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

who needs water

Go down 
+3
silvertonguedevil
my65rhd
Rypp73
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rypp73

Rypp73

who needs water Empty
PostSubject: who needs water   who needs water EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 4:15 pm

Hello everyone , my name is mike and I used to be addicted to water.

water cooled that is, 97 Tuna bucket (cabrio) and an 88 jetta. I have always had a fondness for air colled I just never made the leap, well its time.
I am awaiting the good old tax return so i can buy a Bug, "Things" are too expensive, there are a lot to choose from so selecting the right one should not be dificult.

ok about me-

I am a 10 year military vet, did a tour in Iraq(2004-2006) , I am married with 2 kids, both of wich love to play "slug bug" I am av avid scale model builder, new to model rockets and RC and have been playing guitar for about 15 years. I love anything with a motor (almost, the prius can die) and I am a complete smart ass.

Thank you, I do two shows a night everyday that does not end in a "y"

mike
Back to top Go down
my65rhd
SacTown
my65rhd

who needs water Empty
PostSubject: Re: who needs water   who needs water EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 4:22 pm

Hi Mike...Welcome to the Forums. I hope you find a cool bug. Just take your time and find a nice solid one to start with. Thank you for your services in the military. Keep posting especially when you find a bug...Talk soon Kyle
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

who needs water Empty
PostSubject: Re: who needs water   who needs water EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 4:29 pm

So you're a converted water cooler guy AND an "avid scale model builder"?? I like you already. I'm also an avid scale model builder.

And a smart ass to boot? Hell yeah!! Welcome aboard!!
Back to top Go down
Bradford
Admin
Bradford

who needs water Empty
PostSubject: Re: who needs water   who needs water EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 6:06 pm

Welcome! You will enjoy our little group.. we have a good time. I don't play the guitar but am starting to build them Smile
RC is another one of my addicitions.. in fact going to watch the rc rock crawlers play tonight.

I am bugless my self right now. Hopefully late spring I can get some money together for another one... so good luck with the hunt.
Back to top Go down
http://www.norcalvdubs.com
Breck

Breck

who needs water Empty
PostSubject: Re: who needs water   who needs water EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 6:17 pm

Hey Greg I too am also a model builder/rockets/r/c guy!! R U a plastic or wood builder or both? R U a member of any clubs for your model addiction? Both Mike and I are members of the Dragon Lady IPMS club out of Yuba City. (we both lived near Yuba in days past) My specialty is period wooden static ships of the 17th and 18th century, however I am a big plastic builder of all types. Avitar is a plastic build of mine. Breck
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

who needs water Empty
PostSubject: Re: who needs water   who needs water EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 6:37 pm

I build 1/24-1/25 plastic model cars. I mainly build street rods and customs. I'm not really a member of a club but there is a club here locally called City Styles. I attend their meetings from time to time. Other than that, I spend a lot of time on modelcarsmag.com

I'll throw up some pics of some of my builds if it's ok with Mike.
Back to top Go down
Breck

Breck

who needs water Empty
PostSubject: Re: who needs water   who needs water EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 6:38 pm

Heck watch out Mike may flood the site with his pics of his builds!!! Do you compete?

Last edited by Breck on Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

who needs water Empty
PostSubject: Re: who needs water   who needs water EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 6:40 pm

Yes, I do.
Back to top Go down
Breck

Breck

who needs water Empty
PostSubject: Re: who needs water   who needs water EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 6:43 pm

Have you been to the Yuba show??
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

who needs water Empty
PostSubject: Re: who needs water   who needs water EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 6:46 pm

I went once. We had a good time.
Back to top Go down
Rypp73

Rypp73

who needs water Empty
PostSubject: Re: who needs water   who needs water EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 6:46 pm

hyjackers!!!

as Breck knows I do not have one special type of model that I guild, I have build more cars than anything else but I will build almost anything
Back to top Go down
Breck

Breck

who needs water Empty
PostSubject: Re: who needs water   who needs water EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 6:50 pm

OK that does not count cause I texted him and told him that we were hijacking his thread.!!! Our club has held the regionals for IPMS for the last two years... not sure about this years show. I am building a 1/24 scale Tamiya bug into a class 11 Racer for a fellow bug fan. Its a mini of his racer.
Back to top Go down
Rypp73

Rypp73

who needs water Empty
PostSubject: Re: who needs water   who needs water EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 6:58 pm

HA!

ok lets see, on my bench right now

Plastic- B52, KC135, set of five space race rockets, 1970 mustang, porshe 365, Kenny roberts 00 gp bike, 1/23 A7, and about 15 other started projects in boxes, ...
wood- chinese junk
rockets- 3D cluster rocket, 2 stage , the guardian,
RC- repairing breck's truck.....

I just realise i need to finish some stuff
Back to top Go down
Rypp73

Rypp73

who needs water Empty
PostSubject: Re: who needs water   who needs water EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 7:31 pm

back on the Bug note, I would also be interested in a Square, fast or notch back

Last edited by Rypp73 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
my65rhd
SacTown
my65rhd

who needs water Empty
PostSubject: Re: who needs water   who needs water EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 8:14 pm

Notchbacks are overrated...Kyle
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

who needs water Empty
PostSubject: Re: who needs water   who needs water EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 9:04 pm

my65rhd wrote:

HA HA HA. ONLY CUZ YOU ARE ONE OF THE LUCKY FEW THAT HAVE ONE. BUT SINCE ITS SO OVERRATED ID BE MORE THAN WILLING TO TRADE YOU MY SQUARE, FAST, OR A BUG FOR IT Very Happy SHOOT...I MIGHT EVEN GIVE YOU TWO FOR YOUR ONE! affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.altasierrasmogstop.com
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

who needs water Empty
PostSubject: Re: who needs water   who needs water EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 12:13 am

my65rhd wrote:
Especially right hand drive ones! Rolling Eyes

lol!
Back to top Go down
Mateo
Admin
Mateo

who needs water Empty
PostSubject: Re: who needs water   who needs water EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 12:22 pm

Welcome to the group.

Good luck with your hunt for a flat-four...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

who needs water Empty
PostSubject: Re: who needs water   who needs water Empty

Back to top Go down

who needs water
Page 1 of 1