Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

valve cover

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mikeinch

mikeinch

valve cover Empty
PostSubject: valve cover   valve cover EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 2:43 am

I want to build a valve cover racer for the Ranch Run but I need a cover. I thought I had a spare set but I cant seem to find one. Does anybody have an old one laying around somewhere?
Back to top Go down
my65rhd
SacTown
my65rhd

valve cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: valve cover   valve cover EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 3:18 pm

Did someone say Valve Cover.....

valve cover Dsc09631
valve cover Dsc09632
Back to top Go down
my65rhd
SacTown
my65rhd

valve cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: valve cover   valve cover EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 3:31 pm

By the way..Here are the Valve Cover Rules. They are listed on their website

Valve Cover Racing

Due to the overwhelming success (and good-natured fun) the Valve Cover Racing last year, we've decided to bring it back again this year. So get your paint kits out and your valve covers cleaned off - this years competition is sure to be better than the last!

And, just to make sure we're all on the same page here are the rules to review.
Valve Cover Racing Rules

All cars must pass inspection to qualify for the race.

Inspection points:

The car weight shall not exceed 1.5 lbs. The official race scale shall be considered final.
The overall length of the car shall not exceed 10 1/2 inches.
The overall width of the car shall not exceed 8 3/4 inches.
The car must have 4 1/2 clearance between the wheels.
The car must have 3/4 clearance underneath the body.
The valve cover used must be a stock 1600cc style valve cover. The valve cover may be shaped any way that is desired within the guide lines.
The wheels must be on the outside of the valve cover and NO bearings used in them.
The axles can be of your design but without bearings in them. They may be polished or lubricated.
Wheel bearings are prohibited; washers or bushings are OK
The car must not ride on any type of springs.
The car must be freewheeling, with no starting devices (ie motors, engines, or electrical devices).
No loose material of any kind, such as lead shot, may be used.
The car body may have no moving parts.

If, during a race, a car leaves the track without interfering with its opponent, it shall be considered to have ended its heat at that point.

If a car leaves its lane, at his sole discretion, the track chairman may inspect the track and, if a track fault is found which probably caused the initial violation; the track chairman may order the race to be rerun after the track is repaired.

If, during a race, no car reaches the finish line on the track, the car which went the farthest in its lane shall be declared as the heat winner.

If, during a race, a car leaves its lane and, in so doing, interferes with another racer, then the car at fault shall be declared to have lost the race heat.

Only one car may be registered by any person in the valve cover race.

Only dry lubricants such as graphite or powdered Teflon "white lube" will be allowed for lubricating the wheels. Lubricants may not foul the track.

Only one lubrication is allowed before the beginning of the first race and then once again before the beginning of the first race of the semi-finals and finals.

Details such as the steering wheel, driver, decals, painting, and interior detail are permissible as long as these details do not exceed the maximum length, width, and weight specifications.

Each car must pass inspection by the official inspection committee before it will be allowed to compete. The Inspection Committee has the responsibility to disqualify those cars that do not meet these specifications.
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

valve cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: valve cover   valve cover EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 4:23 pm

Wow. That's a lot of rules.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

valve cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: valve cover   valve cover Empty

Back to top Go down