Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

a video of the the motor blow at the Mother Lode show

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

a video of the the motor blow at the Mother Lode show Empty
PostSubject: a video of the the motor blow at the Mother Lode show   a video of the the motor blow at the Mother Lode show EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 6:39 pm

Ok. I guess these folks have done this at the last 10 Mother Lode shows. I feel sorry for these engines but it was kinda cool to see how/how long a DP 1600 runs without any oil. Roughly 4 and half minutes at full throttle, no oil. They ended up have to make a few adjustments cuz it kept starving for fuel, but a total of about 4 and a half total run time minutes. Here are 2 clips of the first start and the end. Crying or Very sad Believe it or not it wouldn't run anymore but it still turned over at the end....so new bearings and go somemore?

Heres the start of the end:

Heres the end Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.altasierrasmogstop.com
OldSkoolVWLover
SacTown
OldSkoolVWLover

a video of the the motor blow at the Mother Lode show Empty
PostSubject: Re: a video of the the motor blow at the Mother Lode show   a video of the the motor blow at the Mother Lode show EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 8:46 pm

I love the Mother Lode shows, have had good times at both Angels Camp and Murphys!

Good venues and good people, plus I can never complain about a motor blow at Angels Camp, or just walking down the street in Murphys. Been a couple years since I've made it to Murphys, gonna have to make sure it's on the calendar next year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.EarlyWatercooled.org

a video of the the motor blow at the Mother Lode show
Page 1 of 1