Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mother Lode Show - July 31st

Go down 
+2
61rag
Bradford
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bradford
Admin
Bradford

Mother Lode Show - July 31st Empty
PostSubject: Mother Lode Show - July 31st   Mother Lode Show - July 31st EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 1:13 am

Okay all, here is a description of the upcoming Mother Lode show in angels camp! I would like to organize a cruise for everyone wanting to go. I hear that this is a small, but neat show. I think this would be the perfect first real "event" for us to do. Give me some feedback.

July 31, 2010 - Mother Lode VW Show & Swap Meet Angels Camp, California The Mother Lode Volkswagen Club, in conjunction with Tru-Dubs Volkswagen Club would love to again invite everyone to the beautiful Mother Lode for our 10th annual show & swap. Utica Park is lined with large, shady trees and has a terrific playground for the kids. Bring the whole family! Gates open at 7 a.m. There is no pre-registration for car show or swap meet participants. First come, first served. Show cars will be parked on the grass in the park. Swap meet booths will be located in the parking lot. Cost: FREE to the public! Judged car show entries $20.00 Swap Meet space prices: $15.00 for 2 spaces, $10.00 for each additional space Classes: Early Beetle Ovals & Splits (stock & modified classes) 1958-67 Early Beetle (stock & modified classes) 1968-79 Late Beetle (stock & modified classes) Convertible Beetle - All Karmann Ghia (stock & modified classes) 1949-67 Type II (stock & modified classes) 1968 & newer Type II (stock & modified classes) Type 3 & 4- All Off-Road, Sandrail, Baja & Buggies - All Thing (stock & modified classes) Watercooled Volkswagen (stock & modified classes) Daily Driver Volkswagen Under Construction Volkswagen *** No Porsches, no Audis, no exceptions. *** We will have an excellent raffle full of great items! Grand Prize is a Pressure Washer Second Grand Prize is a Surf One complete Skateboard Full details are at http://vwswap.com/shows.htm Hope to see you there!
Back to top Go down
http://www.norcalvdubs.com
61rag
State Route
61rag

PostSubject: Camping Anyone?   Mother Lode Show - July 31st EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 12:18 am

Ok so a few friends mentioned to me about camping at New Malones/Glory Hole near angels camp I went to the website and found this....if any would would be interested is goingthe night before and having a nice campout let me know Mary and I are all for it

Fees:
Day use....................................................$6.00 per day
Boat launching fee...................................$8.00 per day (includes the $6 day-use fee)
Camper's overflow vehicle/visitor fee.....$6.00 per day (includes the $6 day-use fee)
Annual Day Use Pass..............................$40.00 and is valid for 1 year from the date of purchase
•Annual Boat Launch Pass..................... $60.00 (includes day use) and is valid for 1 year from the date of purchase
Standard family campsites.......................$28.00 per night/site / max 8 people, 2 vehicles
Walk-in campsites...................................$24.00 per night/site / max 4 people, 1 vehicle
RV dump station use ..............................$8.00 for registered campers / $15.00 for all other users
Group Campgrounds:
Oak Knoll...............................................$200.00 per night / 20-50 people, max 10 vehicles
Fiddleneck..............................................$220.00 per night / 30-60 people, max 12 vehicles
Back to top Go down
61rag
State Route
61rag

PostSubject: Re: Mother Lode Show - July 31st   Mother Lode Show - July 31st EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 11:36 pm

Awww cmon no one wants to camp? Well Mary and I are reserving 2 spots anyone wanting to join us please let me know!!!
Back to top Go down
Low Class
State Route
Low Class

PostSubject: Re: Mother Lode Show - July 31st   Mother Lode Show - July 31st EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 11:03 am

I would love to camp, but I will be lucky to get there on Saturday. Too many house projects Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
zuhaelter_82
SacTown
zuhaelter_82

PostSubject: Re: Mother Lode Show - July 31st   Mother Lode Show - July 31st EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 11:14 am

Last day of summer school for me... 3 classes all with finals either the 30th or 31st. Mad
Back to top Go down
Bradford
Admin
Bradford

PostSubject: Re: Mother Lode Show - July 31st   Mother Lode Show - July 31st EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 6:59 pm

Okay, we are in. The kids want to come and go fishing. So we will be taking the van, but will be going up Friday night and probably staying till sunday. Want to go up to Big Trees while we are there.
Back to top Go down
wildflower
SacTown
wildflower

PostSubject: Re: Mother Lode Show - July 31st   Mother Lode Show - July 31st EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 12:28 am

Tony and i hope to be there for the day on Saturday--don't know how early we'll be though.
flower
Back to top Go down
61rag
State Route
61rag

PostSubject: Re: Mother Lode Show - July 31st   Mother Lode Show - July 31st EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 1:46 am

We will be in big oak spot #91 if anyone wants to come hang out after the show
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mother Lode Show - July 31st   Mother Lode Show - July 31st EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 5:48 pm

Alright.. all set! Got site 92! We are neighbors...YEAH!

Anyone else????? This is just the break me and my family been needing. HUGE lake.. fishing and swimming.
Big Tree's state park is 35 min away.. Giant Sequoia trees you can walk thru and what not.. very fun.
Even if you do one night! They allow camp fires, so smores will be in full effect! LOL
Back to top Go down
Low Class
State Route
Low Class

PostSubject: Re: Mother Lode Show - July 31st   Mother Lode Show - July 31st EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 11:07 am

I am in for Saturday. I would like to get an early start and will be leaving Grass Valley at 6:30AM Saturday morning. Is anyone interested in a caravan. I can meet people along the way. Let me know what you think.
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: Mother Lode Show - July 31st   Mother Lode Show - July 31st EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 12:41 pm

Low Class wrote:
I am in for Saturday. I would like to get an early start and will be leaving Grass Valley at 6:30AM Saturday morning. Is anyone interested in a caravan. I can meet people along the way. Let me know what you think.
Got to pin the girlfriend down on what time she gets up and if shes driving a car or not. Id like to take the bug and fastback but it may just be one. We are in Roseville/Citrus Heights (off Riverside and Cirby). We could meet at the starbuck or am/pm on that corner? Anyone else in the area like that idea?
If you leave Penn Valley at 6:30 that would put you our way (doing the speed limit) about 7:15-7:40ish. I believe that could work for me.

Whats your route plan? We could maybe pick a few more up through Sac/Folsom on the way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.altasierrasmogstop.com
Low Class
State Route
Low Class

PostSubject: Re: Mother Lode Show - July 31st   Mother Lode Show - July 31st EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 2:06 pm

The Starbucks works for me. I would like to cruise 49, however I can do that on the way home if nobody else wants to go that way (I think it is twisty Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: Mother Lode Show - July 31st   Mother Lode Show - July 31st EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 2:12 pm

Low Class wrote:
The Starbucks works for me. I would like to cruise 49, however I can do that on the way home if nobody else wants to go that way (I think it is twisty Very Happy )

WE CAN DO THAT FROM 50/JACKSON HWY ?16? RIGHT
Back to top Go down
Low Class
State Route
Low Class

PostSubject: Re: Mother Lode Show - July 31st   Mother Lode Show - July 31st EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 3:01 pm

Yes 16 or Latrobe
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: Mother Lode Show - July 31st   Mother Lode Show - July 31st EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 3:05 pm

SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN. STARBUCKS ON RIVERSIDE AND CIRBY ABOUT 7-7:30 THEN. ?LEAVE THERE NO LATER THEN 7:45? FOR WHOEVER WANTS TO MEET UP THERE AND CRUISE WITH US?
Back to top Go down
Bradford
Admin
Bradford

PostSubject: Re: Mother Lode Show - July 31st   Mother Lode Show - July 31st EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 4:40 pm

Alright everyone.. just about to take off for the Angles Camp area. Hope to see some of you there..
Everyone cruising.. have a safe cruise. Don't know if my phone will get reception, be feel free to call me if you need anything.

Thanks,
Brad
Back to top Go down
Low Class
State Route
Low Class

PostSubject: Re: Mother Lode Show - July 31st   Mother Lode Show - July 31st EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 2:13 pm

Made it home safely. The only problem was that I lost my speedo on the way home (It made a terrible sound ) Shocked It could have been worse. The show was nice and the drive home on 49 from Angels Camp to Grass Valley was peaceful (except when the speedo was acting up) It was nice to see those of you that were able to make the trek.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mother Lode Show - July 31st   Mother Lode Show - July 31st EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 9:56 pm

Sounds like we missed a good time! I've got a box of speedos that you're welcome to dig through if you want one.
Back to top Go down
Low Class
State Route
Low Class

PostSubject: Re: Mother Lode Show - July 31st   Mother Lode Show - July 31st EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 11:25 am

Thanks Eric. I should get that taken care of this week sometime.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mother Lode Show - July 31st   Mother Lode Show - July 31st Empty

Back to top Go down

Mother Lode Show - July 31st
Page 1 of 1