Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

need a carb asap

Go down 
+2
low67vdubinnocal
natthan
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
justcruzin

justcruzin

need a carb asap - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 2:00 am

low67vdubinnocal wrote:
I'm not sure of there hours but if you leave the key some place safe I can just drop it off at there place after noon tomorrow unless you wanna wait till six.

I'm off tomorrow, but I go to lunch with hubby around noon, then I come home and have to sleep till about 4pm.

I'll PM my number to you and you can call ( not between 1 to 4pm though) and let me know when your on your way. If all else fails you can do what you said and just drop it off and leave the key.
Back to top Go down
low67vdubinnocal

low67vdubinnocal

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 2:20 am

Just figure out if you wanna leave the key some place or wait till 6pm. You could leave it at maybe bugformance if there open at whatever time you leave or where ever.
Back to top Go down
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 2:21 am

low67vdubinnocal wrote:
Just figure out if you wanna leave the key some place or wait till 6pm. You could leave it at maybe bugformance if there open at whatever time you leave or where ever.

Sent you a PM with where to leave it. Very Happy What time are you thinking of bringing the car?
Back to top Go down
low67vdubinnocal

low67vdubinnocal

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 2:37 am

If he leaves the key some place I would try for 12:30ish otherwise when ever he gets the key there. Would be nice to just to get it started. I got both numbers via pm.
Back to top Go down
natthan

natthan

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 4:11 am

sorry i went away from my computer and im sorry i dont feel right just leaveing the key somewhere
Back to top Go down
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 2:27 pm

low67vdubinnocal wrote:
If he leaves the key some place I would try for 12:30ish otherwise when ever he gets the key there. Would be nice to just to get it started. I got both numbers via pm.

Oh, I thought you meant leaving the key at my place somewhere. LOL Didn't realize you had to get the key from Nathan first. Duh. Very Happy

So this makes it look like after 6 sometime, which is good for me.

Yah, if you guy's get it started and don't need to leave it, just give me a text or call and let me know. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Breck

Breck

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 3:54 pm

So has this car been moved?? Nathan do you still need help with the carb. I should be a tech day and will lend a hand. I live at Auburn and Garfield and can get u to tech day if you need a ride!! Breck...... I dont want to see your ride get impounded!!
Back to top Go down
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 8:24 pm

Breck wrote:
So has this car been moved?? Nathan do you still need help with the carb. I should be a tech day and will lend a hand. I live at Auburn and Garfield and can get u to tech day if you need a ride!! Breck...... I dont want to see your ride get impounded!!

It was still there around noon today. Bob went by there today and saw it.
Back to top Go down
Breck

Breck

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 8:31 pm

Well if you guys need help to move this rig and get it safe let me know.
Back to top Go down
low67vdubinnocal

low67vdubinnocal

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 9:28 pm

im gonna call him at 530 and make sure its all ready to go
Back to top Go down
natthan

natthan

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 10:29 pm

Thank you guys I'm at it right now and he is comeing
Back to top Go down
low67vdubinnocal

low67vdubinnocal

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 10:50 pm

Were almost there.had to go back And get the key for the hitch lock.
Back to top Go down
Breck

Breck

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 11:13 pm

Are you guys taking it to Kim and Bobs place?
Back to top Go down
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 11:30 pm

Just noticed that my phone was on do not disturb, hope you guys didn't try to call! I have it so it will ring through now.
Back to top Go down
low67vdubinnocal

low67vdubinnocal

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 12:35 am

Wete bringin it right now
Back to top Go down
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 12:37 am

Ok, I'll go move my kids car so we can push it in.
Back to top Go down
natthan

natthan

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 1:12 am

Yes we are
Back to top Go down
Breck

Breck

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 12:30 pm

This car is safe now????
Back to top Go down
low67vdubinnocal

low67vdubinnocal

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 1:18 pm

Inside the gate. It had no fire last night and a compu fire style point replacement 009. I tried my old spare vacuum point distributor and still no fire but 12v at the coil. It was getting late and I didn't wanna keep the people up waiting so we just towed it over and thay were waiting. He's going back on saturday to sort it all out with help.
Back to top Go down
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 1:49 pm

I have to say, I kind of felt sorry for Natthan last night. They didn't show up till almost 8.45 last night. When they did pull up we had them stop in the middle of the street to unhook the bug. That probably freeked them out a little, lol. Then Jim starts pointing at things on Natthan's bug and saying stuff like I got dibs on those, and so on. Now Natthan had no clew who we were, he is leaving his bug with strangers, and all this starts taking place. LOL Then I ended up having to leave them with Bob and Jim at 9pm because I had to go get ready for work. Bob ends up telling Natthan that we don't even live there. LOL Which we don't, but we do own the property and just rent the house out. LOL We actually live in the house next door.

Needless to say, I don't think Natthan left his keys. LOL Poor guy is probably paranoid about his bug now. LOL But, I have to say, there is no worry. It is very safe where it is at. Very Happy

On the distributor, Bob actually was thinking that was the problem, but I'm not sure if he knew that you had switched it to you vacuum one. I will talk to him about that today and see what he thinks may be the problem.
Back to top Go down
west coast ghia
SacTown
west coast ghia

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 2:29 pm

im coming over for some free parts.....LOL
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/lonnyatforyourride
low67vdubinnocal

low67vdubinnocal

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 3:43 pm

I thought it was pretty funny. I hope he knew everyone was kidding him. I remember the days when you could not even give a 73-74 away with all that EGR stuff on them. I dont think any of his EGR is hooked up but seems to be there. Would be nice if his compu fire still works and its the coil or something else. He will need to retime it anyways. I think I have a well used bently for his year he can have.

Last edited by low67vdubinnocal on Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Breck

Breck

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 3:49 pm

I hope to meet Nathan this saturday, Lonny leave it out mate!!!
Back to top Go down
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 3:50 pm

west coast ghia wrote:
im coming over for some free parts.....LOL

Sorry Lonny, Jim already called dibs on everything. LOL Very Happy
Back to top Go down
low67vdubinnocal

low67vdubinnocal

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 4:56 pm

Honesty I thought he left the keys with the two guys . Hope there is no emergancy or anything where the car would have to be moved . He said he works at pick n pull so that might give him a leg up on late bug parts .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: need a carb asap   need a carb asap - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

need a carb asap
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next