Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I got it registered & have been mobbin' 'round town for 2 days now. Yay!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
coxnikkys

coxnikkys

I got it registered & have been mobbin' 'round town for 2 days now. Yay!!! Empty
PostSubject: I got it registered & have been mobbin' 'round town for 2 days now. Yay!!!   I got it registered & have been mobbin' 'round town for 2 days now. Yay!!! EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 2:13 am

I really wanna thank everyone here who has given me advice & info on how to fix the issues I was havin' to deal with on my '73 Super Beetle (Ozzy).

Thanks to Breck especially for the tips to get the reg fees lowered. With that tip I was able to do more research & with careful wording on the Statement of Facts form, the clerk was able to waive the penalties only but that dropped the amount down from $345 to only $183 so I was able to put more $$$$ into the lil things I needed. Thanks so much for that tip, Breck.

Now that I've been driving it, I'm getting a better idea of what else it needs. For example, there's no power steering so its quite a workout, but thats good for me anyway, right. lol

When I have anyone in the passenger seat, something in the rear on that side rubs pretty bad. But only with weight on that side.

Also, I found a diagram online for the wiring of the taillights, but I believe the diagram was a lil off cuz my brake lights stay on but the taillights come on when I apply the brakes. lol.

Of course, there is a lot more to do still. It'll be a lifelong project for me & my 14 yr old son. Especially now that I am pregnant with his baby sister I am really excited about the quality time we'll still enjoy together for just me & him.

By the way, we decided we wanna name it "Ozzy" after our late beloved Pit Bull that we just recently lost in November 2012 after raising him from just 2wks old. He was our protector, our playmate, and our cuddle buddy. A full on member of our family. So in his honor we wanna, eventually, paint it a rusty, metallic orange & white. I even found "Ozzy Osbourne" seat covers at Big Lots for only $10 each. Yay!

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/coxnikkys
Breck

Breck

I got it registered & have been mobbin' 'round town for 2 days now. Yay!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I got it registered & have been mobbin' 'round town for 2 days now. Yay!!!   I got it registered & have been mobbin' 'round town for 2 days now. Yay!!! EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 11:44 am

Very cool Nikky. Are you running stock rims now? Now that its up and running. join us on a tech day and show off your ride. Breck
Back to top Go down
my65rhd
SacTown
my65rhd

PostSubject: Re: I got it registered & have been mobbin' 'round town for 2 days now. Yay!!!   I got it registered & have been mobbin' 'round town for 2 days now. Yay!!! EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 2:19 pm

Glad to hear it's on the road....Kyle
Back to top Go down
NorCalCO

NorCalCO

PostSubject: Re: I got it registered & have been mobbin' 'round town for 2 days now. Yay!!!   I got it registered & have been mobbin' 'round town for 2 days now. Yay!!! EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 12:58 pm

Glad you are able to get out there and drive it! That will just get you more excited to fix the other issues.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I got it registered & have been mobbin' 'round town for 2 days now. Yay!!!   I got it registered & have been mobbin' 'round town for 2 days now. Yay!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

I got it registered & have been mobbin' 'round town for 2 days now. Yay!!!
Page 1 of 1