Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Heres the scoop on my accident

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

Heres the scoop on my accident Empty
PostSubject: Heres the scoop on my accident   Heres the scoop on my accident EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 4:34 pm

After getting home after the meet Mary and I were relaxing on the couch trying to find something on TV to watch and of coarse all those channels and nothing on Laughing The dogs started to bark at something......we didn't even get up just go the dogs to quite down. About 9:15 we decided to head to the store, grab some popcorn and a Redbox movie. We walk out to find a Sebring sitting on the front of my car. I made the mistake of not taking pics at that point in time but I have some after the fact pics. Long story short, after about 30 minutes of arguing with the owner the next morning (after using Mid America Motorworks catalog to make a "cash" estimate) about the $714 for a front apron and hood with only 3 hours labor I finally got her insurance information because "I was trying to rip her off and get a new car". She felt that "maybe $200 would fix it. Ive owned one of those". So now I wait for her insurance company to come out and give me an estimate. I will also be heading down to Niello for an estimate Twisted Evil That one ot to be closer to a great $1500 mark Twisted Evil

Heres some pics of the damage:
[img]Heres the scoop on my accident Img_2025[/img][img]Heres the scoop on my accident Img_2026[/img][img]Heres the scoop on my accident Img_2027[/img][img]Heres the scoop on my accident Img_2028[/img][img]Heres the scoop on my accident Img_2031[/img][img]Heres the scoop on my accident Img_2032[/img][img]Heres the scoop on my accident Img_2033[/img]

Of coarse no damage to her car. Maybe a slight mark where her hole car was sitting on my hood handle!! crushing my car Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.altasierrasmogstop.com
Davids74Super
SacTown
Davids74Super

PostSubject: Re: Heres the scoop on my accident   Heres the scoop on my accident EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 6:52 pm

Totalled. Twisted Evil

$1500 for a shop to fix. "Blue book Value" is probably $500.
Back to top Go down
zuhaelter_82
SacTown
zuhaelter_82

PostSubject: Re: Heres the scoop on my accident   Heres the scoop on my accident EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 3:13 pm

Yup, they are going to try and F you in the A-hole!
Back to top Go down
zuhaelter_82
SacTown
zuhaelter_82

PostSubject: Re: Heres the scoop on my accident   Heres the scoop on my accident EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 3:52 pm

zuhaelter_82 wrote:

I wrote this before I left for lunch at 12:20 to find someone had swiped the drivers side of my car in the parking lot at work pale Now it's my turn to get F'd in the A-hole.
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: Heres the scoop on my accident   Heres the scoop on my accident EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 9:51 pm

zuhaelter_82 wrote:
zuhaelter_82 wrote:

I wrote this before I left for lunch at 12:20 to find someone had swiped the drivers side of my car in the parking lot at work pale Now it's my turn to get F'd in the A-hole.

B**LSH*T STUPID A*S PEOPLE WHO CANT DRIVE OR PARK. THEIR EVERYWHERE!!! LATELY IT SEEMS LIKE THEIR COMING OUT OF THE WOOD WORK affraid
Back to top Go down
OldSkoolVWLover
SacTown
OldSkoolVWLover

PostSubject: Re: Heres the scoop on my accident   Heres the scoop on my accident EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 10:37 pm

When my car was BRAND new, I got backed into at the parking lot of my work..... thankfully my alarm went off and my customers stopped this person.... then a good friend of mine had to come tell me my car had been backed into. Lady produces insurance and ID and all that, I take all that down, for her to actually call me back like 30 minutes later and say her "husband had canceled her insurance without knowing..... blah blah" Anyways, thankfully my insurance fixed my car to factory spec (with Niello parts) and went after her for the money with no effort from me, including me getting a rental car for a week. I was lucky in many ways with that one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.EarlyWatercooled.org
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: Heres the scoop on my accident   Heres the scoop on my accident EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 3:39 pm

The adjuster came out yesturday to take a look at the damages. I haven't heard anything yet but, Tim at the shop (for repairs) told me not to hold my breathe but maybe looking at $1800 ballpark. That would be awesome. Enough to put the beam extension on it and get 2 steering extension (one for both cars) and give me a little more to put toward the rat builder. cheers
Back to top Go down
Andy
State Route
Andy

PostSubject: Re: Heres the scoop on my accident   Heres the scoop on my accident EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 10:25 pm

Must be accident time, my 07 Chevy 2500HD was parked last Friday and hit by a Garbage truck, the first estimate was $5200, and now I just found out that my wheels have been discontinued so the price will go up from here with 4 wheels instead of One. What a pain, and I use this truck for work, well, use to anyway.
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: Heres the scoop on my accident   Heres the scoop on my accident EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 1:25 pm

Heard from the adjuster late last week. It took a while to "get a value" of the car. I printed off about half a dozen ratrods for sale that I found on thesamba for referance. They ranged from $4000-9000. Mine is VERY ORIGINAL being a Baja/rat Twisted Evil

He said that the car is repairable and approved the partial estimate that I got of $1307. I talked to the shop to see if they can complete the estimate so I can get a few more $$$. We'll see. havent heard anything yet.

Sounds like a trend has started......THAT SUCKS!!!! I hope nobody else has any problems.
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: Heres the scoop on my accident   Heres the scoop on my accident EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 2:26 pm

WELL.....HOPEFULLY GOOD NEWS. JUST GOT DONE TALKING WITH THE SHOP THAT HAS MY CAR AND THEY ADDED ANOTHER $400 TO THE $1307 THAT WAS ALREADY APPROVED, AND I WAS TOLD IT WILL MOST LIKELY BE APPROVED AND ILL GET THE CHECK TOMORROW. cheers cheers

NOW ILL HAVE SOME FUNDS TO CONTINUE WORK ON IT AND THE RATROD. MAYBE IF I CAN FIND ONE MAYBE EVEN PICK UP A SQUAREBACK CHEAP Twisted Evil AAAAHHH MORE PROJECTS Shocked
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: Heres the scoop on my accident   Heres the scoop on my accident EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 2:33 pm

OH YA!!!!! cheers Twisted Evil Very Happy

Just got a check from her insurance company for $1737.60.

That should be more that enough to get done what I wanted to do.
Now time to order parts and maybe just maybe I'll be able to get it done by the next meet. Hopefully by the Apple Hill run. Laughing Very Happy Smile

Thank you so much Tim at Family Automotive (next door).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heres the scoop on my accident   Heres the scoop on my accident Empty

Back to top Go down

Heres the scoop on my accident
Page 1 of 1