Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

October Tech Day

Go down 
5 posters

What October day works best for tech
October 9th - Saturday
October Tech Day I_vote_lcap22%October Tech Day I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
October 16th - Saturday
October Tech Day I_vote_lcap56%October Tech Day I_vote_rcap
 56% [ 5 ]
October 17th - Sunday
October Tech Day I_vote_lcap22%October Tech Day I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Bradford
Admin
Bradford

October Tech Day Empty
PostSubject: October Tech Day   October Tech Day EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 12:14 pm

Cliff wants us to get a good tech day going. So please vote for your day and we will make it happen
Back to top Go down
http://www.norcalvdubs.com
firemarshalbi11
SacTown
firemarshalbi11

October Tech Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Tech Day   October Tech Day EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 1:21 am

Sunday's work best for me, but I'll try to make it what ever day.
Back to top Go down

October Tech Day Empty
PostSubject: y not   October Tech Day EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 10:47 am

Do the Tech day at Apple hill or on the same day.
Back to top Go down

October Tech Day Empty
PostSubject: ok   October Tech Day EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 1:45 pm

Any day is good for me.
Back to top Go down

October Tech Day Empty
PostSubject: where?   October Tech Day EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 12:07 pm

Where would the Tech day be held?
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

October Tech Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Tech Day   October Tech Day EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 2:37 pm

SO FAR THE SMOG SHOP IN ALTA SIERRA (RIGHT OFF HWY 49 ON YOUR WAY TO GRASS VALLEY) IS THE ONLY PLACE BEING OFFERED TO USE FOR TECH DAYS. IF ANYONE ELSE WOULD LIKE TO OFFER SPACE AND TIME PLEASE POST IT UP. I HAVE NO PROBLEM SHARING Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.altasierrasmogstop.com
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

October Tech Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Tech Day   October Tech Day EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 2:59 pm

FOR THE 5 FOLKS THAT HAVE VOTED FOR THE 16TH OF OCTOBER FOR TECH DAY.

DO I NEED TO ORDER ANY PARTS, FLUIDS, ETC. FOR ANYONE?

LET ME KNOW AND I WILL GET THEM COMING SO WE ALL HAVE EVERYTHING WE WILL NEED TO MAKE THIS DAY A COMPLETE SUCCESS.
Back to top Go down
Mateo
Admin
Mateo

October Tech Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Tech Day   October Tech Day EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 8:11 pm

I need help getting my Kadrons fine tuned. She is starting to break in and running a bit rich.

I seem to be able to eventually get them close but I am wondering if anyone is a bit quicker at dialing them in.

I also think the accelerator pumps need to be adjusted as I have a mean flat spot. I have read both sides that the 009 dizzy can be ran with the Kadrons without vaccuum advance by adjusting the accelrator pumps correctly.

Some say it can't be done without a vaccum advance distributor.

Anyways, if you all are interested, I'll bring her up.

Also, needs her back end lifted a spline or two.
Back to top Go down
Mateo
Admin
Mateo

October Tech Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Tech Day   October Tech Day EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 7:25 pm

What time on Saturday? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

October Tech Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Tech Day   October Tech Day EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 8:33 pm

ALL OF YOU INTERESTED, I WILL BE GETTING TO THE SHOP RIGHT ABOUT 9AMISH. WE WILL BE THERE TILL EVERYONE HAS TO TAKE OFF AND OR IM ALL ALONE FOR MORE THAN AN HOUR clown OR IM DONE DOING WHATEVER PROJECT I FIND TO DO Smile
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

October Tech Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Tech Day   October Tech Day EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 1:16 pm

Final call for Tech Day!!!

Its tomorrow. Saturday October 16th.

Come on out and get done what you need done.

Oil changes (engine, trans)
Brakes
Tune ups and tuning
Etc

Even if you have no work that needs to be done

Come grace us with your presents Very Happy you might learn something or even teach something Smile

Gates will open roughly 9am (after I get my coffee from the Java Garden just below us)

The address again is: 15563 State Hwy 49 Suite B, Grass Valley, CA 95949.

Just off 49. Theres a signal on 49 for Alta Sierra Dr. We are just up the hill behind the Grey Goose and Larry and Leena's Pizza.

If you get to the A.S.S. (Alta Sierra Store (Thanx Brad and family)) youve gone to far.

My Cell number is 530-613-7192. I will not be answering the shop phone on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
amishman
State Route
amishman

October Tech Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Tech Day   October Tech Day EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 7:48 pm

I think I will bring my 73 Thing by sometime in the AM. Not sure if my wife has plans for me tomorrow but I plan on showing for a bit. Maybe someone is a wiring electronics guru. New to me thing and I have no driver side turn signal front or rear. Not sure if there is a way to tell if turn signal lever is culprit or wiring that can affect both front and rear like I am experiencing or some relay if they have that on the turn signals.

Anyway, maybe folks can offer me ideas of things to look at to a non mechanic. Smile

tj
Back to top Go down
http://www.vwhippie.com
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

October Tech Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Tech Day   October Tech Day EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 7:56 pm

We can get that checked out tomorrow. It could be anything from the switch to wiring, to relay, etc. I think we can get it taken car of unless it is the switch. Youd have to order one probably
Back to top Go down
amishman
State Route
amishman

October Tech Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Tech Day   October Tech Day EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 8:11 pm

If I can get a better idea of what is at fault I am sure that will help tons.

Thanks

tj
Back to top Go down
Mateo
Admin
Mateo

October Tech Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Tech Day   October Tech Day EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 12:05 am

I just finished re-wiring the flasher and high beam circuits in my Ghia, and using standard DPST automotive relays. I'll be there in the morning and you are welcome to take a look. I just went through the process of testing all of the switches and such.

I am trying to eliminate the crazy VW switches and go old school analog with basic switches and relays.

Shocked
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

October Tech Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Tech Day   October Tech Day EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 1:56 pm

Well we have 5 votes for tech day today. Im here at the shop and only Mateo and his ghia are here. Anyone else showing up?
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

October Tech Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Tech Day   October Tech Day EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 5:01 pm

Alright......its 2pm and the shop is empty again. Mateo and Amishman showed up. We got the Ghia leaned out and timed real nice. Then we got the Things turn signal issue fixed.

So we have 5 votes for todays tech day and only 2 show up. No

Im just going to throw this idea out in a new thread.
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

October Tech Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Tech Day   October Tech Day EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 6:10 pm

Ok all.......its a little after 3 and have heard and seen nothing for the last hour so till next time......Keep dubing!!! Vdubing Cool
Back to top Go down
amishman
State Route
amishman

October Tech Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Tech Day   October Tech Day EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 6:50 pm

Wanted to say a BIG thank-you to Cliff for being so kind to open his shop to us members once a month for these Tech Days. This was my 2nd event I have attended and grateful for these tech days to take place.

My words on this, is if you have not attended one of the tech days, to make sure to get on the calendar for the next one. Don't think of them as only needing to attend if you have a problem, but one where you can meet other VW folks and discuss what we all enjoy driving. If you have an issue, you have a peanut gallery to bounce your problems off of, you can learn some great things, and bottom-line you are helping keep this little VW group alive and kicking. Cliff is nice enough to let us use his shop and tools as needed to work on the issue which is rather nice of him.

I drove my new-to-me 73 Thing there today. I had no driver side rear or front turn signals. If it were left up to me doing this on my own, I would have though the turn signal mechanism was bad and needing to be replaced. Guess what, it ended up being a bad connected. Since Cliff has mechanic know-how, he is smart enough to check for these kinds of things and within 5 minutes, unplugged a connector, saw it looked wonky, reworked it, and walla! I had turn signals.

rabbit bounce bounce bounce

I was able to meet Matteo while they worked on his nice Ghia so that is an added benefit. Would have been nice if those others that voted for todays Tech Event to actually show up. I think 5 were listed so I was hoping to meet more VW folks. Maybe a quick note on the forums that you can't make it after voting for a day would be a nice gesture since Cliff is nice enough to open his shop on his day off for us to meet at.

I had nice time. Spent about 3 hours there from 11AM to about 2PM and even diagnosed my Master Cylinder needs to be replaced. I kind of saw this before I arrived but bounced what I saw off Cliff and seems I am getting leakage between the body and the master cylinder where brake fluid is dripping in the pan and then out holes underneath.

So, he has a VW pan at his shop and I was able to see up and close a Master Cylinder and how I can take mine off down the road when I tackle this job or better yet, do it at the next Tech Day if time permits.

Again, thanks Cliff for being so nice to allow us to play VW at your shop.

I hope to see and meet more of you next Tech Day!

tj
Back to top Go down
Mateo
Admin
Mateo

October Tech Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Tech Day   October Tech Day EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 11:46 am

A huge 'THANK YOU' to Smogman for helping out with the tuning of the Ghia. cheers

I thought she was a littel rich, turns out she was REALLY rich.

Anyways, like it has been said, these tech-days are not only very helpful they are alot of fun.

I hope in the future they continue to grow. Even if you don't have anything specific to work on, it's just fun to hang out. The more experience to draw from the better in my opinion.

I would have posted sooner, but I had the Ghia out all afternoon yesterday. cheers
Back to top Go down

October Tech Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Tech Day   October Tech Day EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 10:58 am

My Baja needs so much work I could keep the entire club entertained for days. I only wish that the shop was closer and that I had the funds to do every thing it needs done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

October Tech Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: October Tech Day   October Tech Day Empty

Back to top Go down

October Tech Day
Page 1 of 1