Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Festival of Lights Parade Auburn

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kate64
SacTown
Kate64

Festival of Lights Parade Auburn Empty
PostSubject: Festival of Lights Parade Auburn   Festival of Lights Parade Auburn EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:29 pm

We've been taking either the Bus or the Bug to the lights parade for the past 8yrs and it's a total blast. It would be really fun if we had a bunch of us from the group all go together. If I remember right it's $20 or $25 to enter. If anyone is interested let me know and I'll send in the paperwork as a group. I should have more info. from the Chamber in the next few weeks.

Festival of Lights parade

We have to be there by 4:30pm

Start Date/Time: Saturday, December 04, 2010 5:30 PM

End Date/Time: Saturday, December 04, 2010 8:00 PM

Betsy
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights Parade Auburn   Festival of Lights Parade Auburn EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 2:21 pm

SOUNDS FUN. I COULD PROBABLY GET AT LEAST ONE OF THE CARS READY FOR IT.
Back to top Go down
http://www.altasierrasmogstop.com
Tinman
SacTown
Tinman

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights Parade Auburn   Festival of Lights Parade Auburn EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 7:25 pm

What is the theme this year?
Back to top Go down
Low Class
State Route
Low Class

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights Parade Auburn   Festival of Lights Parade Auburn EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 10:45 am

Sounds fun to me. Would we be spectators or participants? The little blurb that I read from an Auburn paper said that entries are limited. If that is true we should sign up asap.
Back to top Go down
Kate64
SacTown
Kate64

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights Parade Auburn   Festival of Lights Parade Auburn EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 6:43 pm

I don't think they've changed the theme in years. It's “The Light in a Child’s Eyes” We just put tons of lights on the bus and go for it . I can sign us up as a group and it has to be in by the 19th of Nov. if not sooner. The price has gone up to $40 for 40ft $60 for 60ft and $80 for 80ft. So, if there's 5 or 6 bugs we can do the $80 and split the cost. Our friend Tony will be joining us to. Let me know what you all think. Also, you can't have Santa or Mrs. Santa on the cars. Even though we have Santa on top of my board every year santa Betsy

http://www.auburnchamber.net/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=G%2bCYQ4b5%2bm0%3d&tabid=169
Back to top Go down
Tinman
SacTown
Tinman

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights Parade Auburn   Festival of Lights Parade Auburn EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 7:57 pm

Betsy..
Kerry(Wildflower here).. are we wanting to do multiple vehicles, or just one? Let us know, as we would love to join in a group cruise in the parade. We are leaving Monday and will be gone for 11 days. Would like to solidify a spot in the lineup and give you whatever information we need to enter as a group, or if we enter seperately, we'll sign in on the link you provided.
Thanks for letting us know- flower
Back to top Go down
Kate64
SacTown
Kate64

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights Parade Auburn   Festival of Lights Parade Auburn EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 9:07 pm

Hi Kerry!

more VW's with lights the better Very Happy Do you guys wanna bring 2? We can have as many as we want I just have to pay for the right footage. Just let me.
Back to top Go down
Kate64
SacTown
Kate64

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights Parade Auburn   Festival of Lights Parade Auburn EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 5:35 pm

I'd like to send the form back by Nov. 8th so please let me know how many cars want to come.
Betsy
Back to top Go down
Kate64
SacTown
Kate64

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights Parade Auburn   Festival of Lights Parade Auburn EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 4:39 pm

I'm going to send in the paper work for the parade the end of the week, so please let me know if anyone else wants to join us.
Betsy
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights Parade Auburn   Festival of Lights Parade Auburn EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:18 pm

How did this go. Did you get a set number of folks to attend? If so how many will be in the parade. I might be able to make it down to watch, not sure yet. It sounds like a good time tho. If you can maybe take and post some pics or video of it to show everyone what they missed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.altasierrasmogstop.com
keumaborden
State Route
keumaborden

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights Parade Auburn   Festival of Lights Parade Auburn EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 12:40 pm

i know we're only a day away from the parade but I thought I would ask....is it too late to join in for the parade, Thanks Carol
Back to top Go down
Kate64
SacTown
Kate64

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights Parade Auburn   Festival of Lights Parade Auburn EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 1:46 pm

keumaborden wrote:
i know we're only a day away from the parade but I thought I would ask....is it too late to join in for the parade, Thanks Carol

Hi Carol,

You can call the Auburn Chamber and ask. We are with our friends the Merjano's. If you like, ask if you can be close to the other VW's, Tony Merjano. We took our bus last yr so this year is our bugs turn Very Happy
Betsy

my cell 916-708-8960
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights Parade Auburn   Festival of Lights Parade Auburn Empty

Back to top Go down

Festival of Lights Parade Auburn
Page 1 of 1