Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

It all started here

Go down 
+5
Mateo
type 4
60herbie53
Smogman72
Paul. T
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Paul. T
SacTown
Paul. T

It all  started here  Empty
PostSubject: It all started here    It all  started here  EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 3:26 am

I bought this after being able to get a 68' for $600. I drove up to Redding with my roommate and a $1,000 later I was driving it home. https://i.servimg.com/u/f63/16/33/26/27/69360_10.jpg ---------------looks like I still havent figured out the posting picture thing yet
Back to top Go down
Paul. T
SacTown
Paul. T

PostSubject: Re: It all started here    It all  started here  EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 3:45 am

It all  started here  69360_10 lets see if this works

ok, I get it now. Ill post some more tomorrow after the gym. Ill keep my photos for progress on both cars on this thread.
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: It all started here    It all  started here  EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 10:45 am

WELL IT DOESNT LOOK TO BAD FROM THAT ANGLE. WHATS THE HORROR STORY Question
Back to top Go down
http://www.altasierrasmogstop.com
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: It all started here    It all  started here  EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 12:11 pm

I agree. It really doesn't look that bad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovebugfans.com
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: other rides   It all  started here  EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 9:55 pm

Could that be a Nissan in the garage. Love the color my Honda Element is the same or close. Cannot loose in the parking lot.
Back to top Go down
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: It all started here    It all  started here  EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 11:08 pm

There you go swearing again. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovebugfans.com
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: honda   It all  started here  EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 11:14 pm

What Honda
Back to top Go down
Paul. T
SacTown
Paul. T

PostSubject: Re: It all started here    It all  started here  EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 11:47 pm

Well, its not the worst horror story ever. Just mostly body filler EVERYWHERE, like the entire fenders, doors, roof etc. The blacked out turn signals and tail lights were done with a sharpie and had huge "Monster" logo stickers on both doors. The interior was trashy(gutted now) old socks and junk hidden. It was horribly painted, more than once. The hole in the front apron was covered with a welch's grape jam cap. Thats all I can remember at the moment. Oh, and about 1/2 turn of free play in the steering wheel.
Back to top Go down
Paul. T
SacTown
Paul. T

PostSubject: Re: It all started here    It all  started here  EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 11:51 pm

Heres a pic of the rear, before the fun started. It all  started here  72424_11
Back to top Go down
Paul. T
SacTown
Paul. T

PostSubject: Re: It all started here    It all  started here  EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 11:53 pm

type 4 wrote:
Could that be a Nissan in the garage. Love the color my Honda Element is the same or close. Cannot loose in the parking lot.

Yup. It was my first car. I bought it after coming home. I never liked the color, I thought it was played out. But after driving it I LOVE IT!!. Its fancy "LeMans Sunset Orange".
Back to top Go down
Paul. T
SacTown
Paul. T

PostSubject: Re: It all started here    It all  started here  EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 1:38 am

I left it in the garage and went to school. I came home to find out some how the oil got out of its cage and on to the floor. I jacked it up and realized the amount of rust on the rear apron. I guess the oil cooler didnt like me driving for 3 1/2 hours back home to sac. I borrowed a sawzall and we danced. It all  started here  57018_10

I thought it was the coolest thing I ever seen. I should also mention I had traded my friend some wheels at this also. His centerlines wouldnt hold air and I had another car to drive so I gave my stocks. Another also.....Ive not told you guys the name of it. Due to the black and whiteness of it, its "The Panda". Yea not clever. But I like it. After looking at it for a while I figured Id match the front with the rear and removed the front fenders. I pulled the motor and sold it to a friend for like $200 or something. I then wondered about the next motor. But enough babbling heres its new brain It all  started here  17086710 . Not a fan of chrome but I bought it that way. 1915cc with a single 40 dell. I bought it off a guy that builds insane sand rails down southern ca. Btw those were from my cell phone, sorry.
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Paul   It all  started here  EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 10:15 am

Well Paul we have purist and we have non. Welcome to the club. Only one rule no copying.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: It all started here    It all  started here  EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 10:25 am

SHIT!......COPY ALL YOU WANT. THAT MEANS MY RIDE IS HOT!!! Laughing Twisted Evil affraid scratch AND MY NEXT ONE WILL BE HOTTER Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.altasierrasmogstop.com
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: rims   It all  started here  EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 10:31 am

I have these 5 1/2 I believe. You can run 205 50 15 on them

Side view

It all  started here  9-26-110

next to stock rims

It all  started here  9-26-111

They rub on the inside of my 63

They are off a 67
Back to top Go down
Paul. T
SacTown
Paul. T

PostSubject: Re: It all started here    It all  started here  EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 2:26 pm

Me copy? hahaa never!. Smogman does have a pretty nice one though. These pics are slightly old, but anyway......I hated the the way the decklid looked on it. So I picked up another one. It all  started here  78430_10

It was repainted a few times, and when I sanded it, it was almost like saw dust. I was no long feeling the one little pipe coming out the back either. And it needed to be black in order to keep the panda name. It all  started here  Panda10

At this point I picked up a full air ride suspension from Airkewld--still not installed. I cant do the fabrication for the rear upper bag mount just yet so itll have to wait. But Ive got the front through rods,ball joints and drop spindles in. I then traded another friend that wanted the front centerlines for some stockers. It all  started here  19395710

I still need to install the disc brake caliper and my new fancy weber 44's.
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: head lights   It all  started here  EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 3:15 pm

I have head lights for that bad boy.

It all  started here  12-9-110

They are in the classified area for a better pic. Hey I have to get rid of some junk oh I mean stuff.

D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It all started here    It all  started here  EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 9:59 pm

Neat! I like it!
Back to top Go down
Paul. T
SacTown
Paul. T

PostSubject: Re: It all started here    It all  started here  EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 12:11 am

OoOoh, those look fancy. Do they come with bulbs?. I have a pair of headlights but I want four on this thing. Then prolly some way to mount them.
Back to top Go down
Paul. T
SacTown
Paul. T

PostSubject: Re: It all started here    It all  started here  EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 2:12 am

Heres my most recent picture/progress. The panda now sits and awaits my to cut up the tin for the manifolds. Which should be finished tonight.It all  started here  Panda_12

btw---if anyone happens to have one of those shiny lookin louvered firewalls for sale or free, let me know. I also played a bit with the hood as to get it nice and flat. Found out theres some red underneath it.
It all  started here  Panda_11

Yep. The garage is a mess of VW parts now. I never even seen it coming. Just like the stack of these
It all  started here  Panda_13

I love smoothies. But that stack has to go. Alrighty folks Im done for the moment. When this a.d.d gets a pause Ill start the story of my 65' aka Coca Cola.
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: i have   It all  started here  EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 10:11 am

As luck would have it I do have 4. They use stock bulbs. I believe three have bulbs and I may have a forth. There are new.
Back to top Go down
Paul. T
SacTown
Paul. T

PostSubject: Re: It all started here    It all  started here  EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 2:04 am

Ill take the pair, Ive got spotlights Im going to use as driving lights. Whenever the next forum gathering of meeting is Ill pick up.
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Birthday   It all  started here  EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 9:44 pm

What are you taking to the Tech day Panda or Big Red
Back to top Go down
Paul. T
SacTown
Paul. T

PostSubject: Re: It all started here    It all  started here  EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 12:22 am

Well, looks like I may not make it at all now. Driving home from school nice and fine and then I heard a bit of a grind. Two minutes later the car starts slowing down and then as I moved over to the shoulder it stopped itself. I thought the tranny went out, but after pushing it, it sounds like the right rear drum may have just locked up. Theres also a slight coat of metal shavings on the wheel. Just as I was about to get a nice fancy roof rack too Mad
Back to top Go down
Mateo
Admin
Mateo

PostSubject: Re: It all started here    It all  started here  EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 12:27 am

Oh I have brake drum experience.

Back off the adjusters and drive it up.

It's a VW so it doesn't need everyhting in perfect working order to go a 1000 miles.

2 or three working brakes are fine...

pirat
Back to top Go down
Paul. T
SacTown
Paul. T

PostSubject: Re: It all started here    It all  started here  EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 12:58 am

Mateo wrote:
Oh I have brake drum experience.

Back off the adjusters and drive it up.

It's a VW so it doesn't need everyhting in perfect working order to go a 1000 miles.

2 or three working brakes are fine...

pirat

LOL, I think Ill just lower my car another inch or so. That way I can just give it a slight turn and rub the tires until I stop.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It all started here    It all  started here  Empty

Back to top Go down

It all started here
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next