Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

WHERES THE MOMENTUM???

Go down 
+7
Bradford
60herbie53
Jim Douglas Jr
Bahabuggin
Davids74Super
zuhaelter_82
Smogman72
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHERES THE MOMENTUM???   WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 8:10 pm

Hey Brad, wasn't there a way that you were doing announcements to everybody?
Back to top Go down
Bradford
Admin
Bradford

PostSubject: Re: WHERES THE MOMENTUM???   WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:09 pm

Yeah.. I can email 20 at a time. I have everyones email.

So I will get emails back a rolllin' now that we are getting close to Spring.

Remember to guys.. alot of folks are out of area, so they will be hit and miss.. so if we can get the Grass Valley/Auburn people settled in.. then when Sacto people join it will be an extra bonus!

Again, we will have stuff to plan down the hill as well as up here.

Looking forward to a new year!
Back to top Go down
http://www.norcalvdubs.com

PostSubject: Re: WHERES THE MOMENTUM???   WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 10:27 pm

Sounds like a plan. Brandy suggested Big A (A&W)drive-in as a possible cruise night-dinner.
Back to top Go down
Low Class
State Route
Low Class

PostSubject: Re: WHERES THE MOMENTUM???   WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 11:22 pm

YES I love the idea of Big A bounce Do it do it do it do it
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: WHERES THE MOMENTUM???   WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 11:37 pm

There we go! Maybe even some meets/cruise nights in Roseville. It's not that far down the hill for you guys and it's still down the hill for Sacramento guys so it feels closer. I'll bet you'll get some traffic that way!
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: WHERES THE MOMENTUM???   WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 11:39 pm

And yes, I am definately down with anything that has "A&W" in the title!!!
Back to top Go down
Bradford
Admin
Bradford

PostSubject: Re: WHERES THE MOMENTUM???   WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 1:20 am

That will be sweet.. We all park in the drive in.... SWEET... damn, gotta get a VW.... help me out guys.. find the "deal".

We did a Sonic cruise to Roseville last season and went to Downtown Tuesday nights... So we do try to traverse the area.

It will all work out... to early to worry.

I know even when I have a VW, that if the weather is nasty and cold, I don't want to go out of the house... I feel I am not the only one. I noticed this week with the good weather, I am seeing a lot of activity around town.

Also need to get some new fliers made up to hand out. I have been seeing a lot of new VW's rollin around.
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: WHERES THE MOMENTUM???   WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 10:29 am

I also need "the deal" Very Happy
I sold my daily driver '64 so I could focus on my '63 but I'm going nuts. I need one to run around in in the meantime!

Fliers would also be a great idea. You should get those thrown together before the swap meet.

...And of course, Bugorama is right around the corner too! It would be nice to have a banner of some sort and everyone parked together. Let me know if you need any help with any of this.
Back to top Go down
amishman
State Route
amishman

PostSubject: Re: WHERES THE MOMENTUM???   WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 6:57 pm

I think something else everyone should know is this group I am sure has a broad range of ages and interests. So, whether you are a young one or an oldie like me (44 now), we have a diverse group. This may help as I am sure we all have different tastes and interests and it is not only tech stuff.

Not sure what age everyone is but I am 44, live in Grass Valley, and past the point where I "party" as some would say. I consider myself an old married man now being married over 20 years, enjoy playing with old VWs, and although I can enjoy having some good home brews and wine, not one to get ripped anymore. Been there, done that, and no need to get get drunk and loud like the olden days <grin>

I like the tech days to meet others, learn a bit, and once I have my fleet of VWs all going well, enjoy cruises and get-to-gethers for some grub. Like to hit the VW shows and such. Just won't find me yelling at the top of my lungs at 3:30AM at BugORama campground partying the Sat night before the show. For some that is VW but not for me. I am an old man now. hehehehe.

So, no matter your interests and age, I am sure you will meet like minded folk in the group and the more we add on and get involved to some degree in the group, the better this group will get.

tj
Back to top Go down
http://www.vwhippie.com
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: WHERES THE MOMENTUM???   WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 8:19 pm

amishman wrote:
Just won't find me yelling at the top of my lungs at 3:30AM at BugORama campground partying the Sat night before the show.

THAT is funny!! Laughing Laughing

I'll have to say I'm kind of like that old cat that everyone has seen that likes to lay around and sleep 85% of the time but every once in a while my pupils will get all black and enlarged and my tail starts twitching around back and forth, and then all of a sudden I get real spunky and full of shit for a little while. But then, I go back to sleep. Twisted Evil Laughing

I guess I'm saying that at 34 I still have a little party left in me but I'm certainly not going to get drunk as hell, partying it up, try to drive my head through a wall and wake up in somebody's front yard and stuff like that. Hangovers hurt way more than they used to! I like there to be some maturity involved. But, we need to have some fun.

And BTW, you're not that old!
Back to top Go down
amishman
State Route
amishman

PostSubject: Re: WHERES THE MOMENTUM???   WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 10:22 pm

silvertonguedevil wrote:
amishman wrote:
Just won't find me yelling at the top of my lungs at 3:30AM at BugORama campground partying the Sat night before the show.

THAT is funny!! Laughing Laughing

I'll have to say I'm kind of like that old cat that everyone has seen that likes to lay around and sleep 85% of the time but every once in a while my pupils will get all black and enlarged and my tail starts twitching around back and forth, and then all of a sudden I get real spunky and full of shit for a little while. But then, I go back to sleep. Twisted Evil Laughing

I guess I'm saying that at 34 I still have a little party left in me but I'm certainly not going to get drunk as hell, partying it up, try to drive my head through a wall and wake up in somebody's front yard and stuff like that. Hangovers hurt way more than they used to! I like there to be some maturity involved. But, we need to have some fun.

And BTW, you're not that old!

Yes, hangovers get real old as you get older. rendeer

Nope, 44 is not to bad but wait for another 10 years and report back to me.

Or pass some kidney stones and then let me know. hehehe

tj

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WHERES THE MOMENTUM???   WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 10:30 pm

You guys are still young! At 46 everything hurts, and what doesn't hurt, doesn't work! But I'm with ya about the scene. I like to have a beer with pizza, etc.... But my teenage daughters enjoy coming out with us too. (That's cool, cause they can drive us home!) We enjoy having fun, but don't want to set a bad example. So far with this group, everyone's been really cool and laid back. It's been great!
And I'm with Brad, It's tough to get me out after dark when it's cold.
Back to top Go down
Bradford
Admin
Bradford

PostSubject: Re: WHERES THE MOMENTUM???   WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 10:48 pm

Talkin' aches and pains eh? Try hittin' 30 and getting arthritis you little whinners...LOL

I think the group is doin' just fine. I am a beer drinker.. I have a couple every night when I get home.. but it does not need to be at every event.

I don't for see us having to many problems. I think the idea is just the age span. But to be honest, most the young kids.. 18 to mid 20's are into those damn rice burners. I don't see to many young guys driving bugs any more. At of all our members, I think the average age group is 28 to 45. We have a couple younger and few older.. which is great.. so I think everyone will be down with the events we plan.

I am still for an antique run this year.. a full cruse down 49 to Coloma or such.. have some lunch.. etc.

Would like to do a lake run. We can all cruise to a lake and swim.. another family fun one.

And I am going to plan on doing a Virgina City trip this year for sure... probably in fall when it is cooler.. so I will invite all.

We know we have the Ranch Run, BugoRama, Kelly Park, and another BugoRama for sure. We might get a few more. Then the little local shows.

Might be fun to do the local 4th of July parade.. we did that when I started a VW club up here back in the 90's... it was fun to see all the faces...

So I say we start throwing out some ideas.. getting on paper, then getting them on a schedule so they are not last minute.
I also would like to see us build up some more friendships... life gets so busy and I know my wife and I are in desperate need of social time and friends.. so maybe some card nights... or BBQ get together's on a Sat night during the nice weather months.

There is my 1.5 cents worth.

Damn, now my fingers hurt from typing.. getting to old.....hehehehehehe
Back to top Go down
amishman
State Route
amishman

PostSubject: Re: WHERES THE MOMENTUM???   WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 10:58 pm

Admin wrote:
Talkin' aches and pains eh? Try hittin' 30 and getting arthritis you little whinners...LOL

Damn, now my fingers hurt from typing.. getting to old.....hehehehehehe

Try hitt'b 25 and having my 1st kidney stone. Man's worst pain. Like having a baby out you !@#$%%^ hole.

Now 44 I have had 6 babies. Last one was like a frak'n golf ball.

cherry cherry cherry cherry

Ad to that Gout and other non mentionables which are all blessings my Father has bestowed on me.

grin.

We can discuss our kidney stone sizes at the next Tech Day. hehehe

tj
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WHERES THE MOMENTUM???   WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 11:04 pm

Man, I'm feeling younger already. Thanks guys. For a summer get together, we're willing to do a potluck/BBQ? We have lots of room, Bass pond, paddleboats. Good fun.
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: WHERES THE MOMENTUM???   WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 11:37 pm

BBQ's are always a good time. We should try to involve the families. Throw up a volleyball net......that sort of thing. It would be fun for sure!
Back to top Go down
Bradford
Admin
Bradford

PostSubject: Re: WHERES THE MOMENTUM???   WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 12:06 am

I love the old man pissing contest! That is to great.. I will surrender! I will take my arthritis and bite my lip. LOL

Eric... AWESOME! That would be a blast. Yes, Volleyball.. I could bring out all the bows I build and teach some people how to do some archery.
Sounds like a great plan...

Sounds like we need to get all our ideas together and have a meeting to put them all on a calendar. So I will send out an email to everyone in the next day or so and try to gather ideas.

Then we can set up a time to have a "brain" meeting. Something other than our normal meet.... a meeting for down and dirty business...hehehe
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: WHERES THE MOMENTUM???   WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 12:16 am

Admin wrote:

Sounds like we need to get all our ideas together and have a meeting to put them all on a calendar. So I will send out an email to everyone in the next day or so and try to gather ideas.

Then we can set up a time to have a "brain" meeting. Something other than our normal meet.... a meeting for down and dirty business...hehehe

(please be a Sunday, please be a Sunday......) bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WHERES THE MOMENTUM???   WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 12:26 am

Excellent ideas! I'm free on Sundays.
Back to top Go down
Davids74Super
SacTown
Davids74Super

PostSubject: Re: WHERES THE MOMENTUM???   WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 12:40 am

Admin wrote:
most the young kids.. 18 to mid 20's are into those damn rice burners. I don't see to many young guys driving bugs any more. At of all our members, I think the average age group is 28 to 45.

22 Here.

We all know the stories of my Bugs:
https://stateroutevdubs.forumotion.com/t38-my-70-drag-bug
https://stateroutevdubs.forumotion.com/t84-my-1970-street-bug
https://stateroutevdubs.forumotion.com/t30-1974-super-beetle

Here's my 70 Nova.

WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 2 166138_1572712885286_1459462750_31286160_3979360_n

WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 2 68111_1526666534156_1459462750_31202258_2473112_n

WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 2 63207_1539834023335_1459462750_31225145_5674493_n

WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 2 162709_1543566596647_1459462750_31234276_6960701_n

My whole family is all about muscle cars. Chevy, Ford, Dodge, we like them all. Classic VW is also ok.
Back to top Go down
Low Class
State Route
Low Class

PostSubject: Re: WHERES THE MOMENTUM???   WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 2:23 pm

Sunday afternoons are a great time for me as well. Thanks for the offer to host at your pad Eric. It would be a perfect place to get together. geek
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: I am ready   WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 8:30 pm

Both aircooled dont have heat . Drove the Porsche today and Lowla tomorrow. A cruise this weekend?? I
can be ready, Sunday did someone say Sunday. I can supply two cars for the ride. one fast and one slow....

If you do something Sunday pm me please.
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: not old   WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 8:39 pm

stop with a pains 50 (last week)

Hair growing out of your ears not your head. What is beer how about some amber colored fluid.

Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: WHERES THE MOMENTUM???   WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 10:03 am

Well the emails went out......did anything happen?
Back to top Go down
Bradford
Admin
Bradford

PostSubject: Re: WHERES THE MOMENTUM???   WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 10:52 am

I have not seen any ideas in this thread yet? I will give it a week or so and we will just set up the meeting and go from there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHERES THE MOMENTUM???   WHERES THE MOMENTUM??? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

WHERES THE MOMENTUM???
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Norcal Vdubs :: State Route Vdubs Affairs-
Jump to: