Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bug O Rama - SRV Event - May 29th

Go down 
+13
Paul. T
Low Class
badfishie
amishman
SurfinSuzie
Mateo
type 4
Bahabuggin
Jim Douglas Jr
silvertonguedevil
60herbie53
Davids74Super
Bradford
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Bradford
Admin
Bradford

Bug O Rama - SRV Event - May 29th Empty
PostSubject: Bug O Rama - SRV Event - May 29th   Bug O Rama - SRV Event - May 29th EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 9:45 pm

Sacramento Bug O Rama is set for May 29th, 2011

This is one of the biggest VW shows around and a great one to attend.
This is a SRV Event. We will meet at Kmart at 5:45am and cruise down together.
If anyone wants to join us on the way down, let us know and we will plan a stop

Last edited by Admin on Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:11 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.norcalvdubs.com
Davids74Super
SacTown
Davids74Super

PostSubject: Re: Bug O Rama - SRV Event - May 29th   Bug O Rama - SRV Event - May 29th EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 11:56 pm

I'll be there drag racing.
Back to top Go down
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: Bug O Rama - SRV Event - May 29th   Bug O Rama - SRV Event - May 29th EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 7:25 pm

I can't wait to see that Dave. The drags are really amazing to watch.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovebugfans.com
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Bug O Rama - SRV Event - May 29th   Bug O Rama - SRV Event - May 29th EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 12:47 am

Wouldn't miss it for the world.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bug O Rama - SRV Event - May 29th   Bug O Rama - SRV Event - May 29th EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 12:10 am

I'm in!
Back to top Go down
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: Bug O Rama - SRV Event - May 29th   Bug O Rama - SRV Event - May 29th EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 10:16 pm

Great...great.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovebugfans.com
Jim Douglas Jr
SacTown
Jim Douglas Jr

PostSubject: Re: Bug O Rama - SRV Event - May 29th   Bug O Rama - SRV Event - May 29th EmptyMon May 23, 2011 10:06 pm

Well, I don't actually have anything going on this weekend. I may drive up. I do like a good VW swap.
Back to top Go down
http://lovebugfans.com/
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Bug O Rama - SRV Event - May 29th   Bug O Rama - SRV Event - May 29th EmptyMon May 23, 2011 11:32 pm

Oh goody.
Back to top Go down
Bradford
Admin
Bradford

PostSubject: Re: Bug O Rama - SRV Event - May 29th   Bug O Rama - SRV Event - May 29th EmptyMon May 23, 2011 11:48 pm

Bug-O-Rama....Bug-O-Rama!

I know we have cruising down Sunday from us here in the sticks:

-Me!
-Cliff
-Jeff
-Eric
-Spencer (maybe)
-Chuck (I think)
-Larry (maybe)

Anyone else! list it up here...

SacTown People.. do a role call baby....
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Bug O Rama - SRV Event - May 29th   Bug O Rama - SRV Event - May 29th EmptyTue May 24, 2011 12:44 am

So far.....just hearin' crickets for Sactown!

lol!
Back to top Go down
Bahabuggin
SacTown
Bahabuggin

PostSubject: Re: Bug O Rama - SRV Event - May 29th   Bug O Rama - SRV Event - May 29th EmptyTue May 24, 2011 1:23 am

Really trying to make it to this.
Is anybodies wives and girlfriends going .
My wife would like to know.
Back to top Go down
Bradford
Admin
Bradford

PostSubject: Re: Bug O Rama - SRV Event - May 29th   Bug O Rama - SRV Event - May 29th EmptyTue May 24, 2011 1:29 am

I am about 98% sure Robin is going to this one.. she tried the whole I got stuff to do and and said ...."blah".... so I think she is on board.

I had to promise I would help clean up the yard before the kids grad party..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bug O Rama - SRV Event - May 29th   Bug O Rama - SRV Event - May 29th EmptyTue May 24, 2011 11:40 pm

My Dad and Mike Day are cruising down with us too.
Back to top Go down
Bradford
Admin
Bradford

PostSubject: Re: Bug O Rama - SRV Event - May 29th   Bug O Rama - SRV Event - May 29th EmptyTue May 24, 2011 11:47 pm

Cool! We also have Howard and family... almost sure TJ and wife are going.. I was doing my best sales pitch to them tonight!

We are meeting Matt in Auburn

so lets see, if I use fingers and toes.. that should be, umm, 1,2... ah, ... um... 10. Cool, only needed fingers...LOL

That will be a nice cruise down.. sweet.

Everyone.. don't forget chairs.. coolers with water/soda. I bet if we ask Dave real nice he will let us set up a seating area in his camp area for rest and bs'in.

I believe it is 5 extra bucks to park inside the show.. that is what I usually do.. so trips to the car are nice a fast.
Back to top Go down
Bradford
Admin
Bradford

PostSubject: Re: Bug O Rama - SRV Event - May 29th   Bug O Rama - SRV Event - May 29th EmptyTue May 24, 2011 11:48 pm

OH.. also, try to bring and/or wear your club shirts.. would like to get another group photo! Right in front of the bugorama sign..
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Re: Bug O Rama - SRV Event - May 29th   Bug O Rama - SRV Event - May 29th EmptyWed May 25, 2011 10:17 am

OK I have been working on the Saturday night entertainment. We will be partying with Ken and Tim. They are going to be swapping so we will guard the stuff. They are leaving early so they should have a great spot near the beginning.

If you want my cell PM me.

If you want something special I will look and call you if we find it Saturday night. Make sure you give me your number with your request.
Back to top Go down
Jim Douglas Jr
SacTown
Jim Douglas Jr

PostSubject: Re: Bug O Rama - SRV Event - May 29th   Bug O Rama - SRV Event - May 29th EmptyThu May 26, 2011 12:21 am

That's super nice of you to offer to do a pre-sweep of the swap.
Lots of goodies trade before show time.

I have to get this off my chest about this event:
Not that people shouldn't go if they want to, but a big drawback for me about Bug-o-Rama is that despite TWENTY, yes twenty sponsors, they charge $20 a head to get in, and there's not a square foot of shade to be had.
This is a few individuals running several VW shows for profit. When a few individuals take advantage of hobbyists for this kind of profit, it sort of leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

I'd rather support the various club-run events and shows.
For example, the Kelley Park, San Jose show run by the local VVWCA chapter is in a park setting with trees and a couple dozen really cool vintage buildings, attracts about 400 cars, and it's 5 bucks to get in. The club members all pitch in and it's a really nice time for VW people BY VW people.

That all said, I understand it's the big local show to you guys and finding a few bargains at the swap can certainly pad the entry fee, and it's a day of VWs, so it's not like it's not fairly cheap for a day of entertainment, but if you take the wife and a couple kids, you're in for 50 bucks plus cold beverages.

That new show in Rocklin, mark my words, is gonna catch on.
Back to top Go down
Bahabuggin
SacTown
Bahabuggin

PostSubject: Re: Bug O Rama - SRV Event - May 29th   Bug O Rama - SRV Event - May 29th EmptyThu May 26, 2011 12:48 am

Jim Douglas Jr wrote:
That's super nice of you to offer to do a pre-sweep of the swap.
Lots of goodies trade before show time.

I have to get this off my chest about this event:
Not that people shouldn't go if they want to, but a big drawback for me about Bug-o-Rama is that despite TWENTY, yes twenty sponsors, they charge $20 a head to get in, and there's not a square foot of shade to be had.
This is a few individuals running several VW shows for profit. When a few individuals take advantage of hobbyists for this kind of profit, it sort of leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

I'd rather support the various club-run events and shows.
For example, the Kelley Park, San Jose show run by the local VVWCA chapter is in a park setting with trees and a couple dozen really cool vintage buildings, attracts about 400 cars, and it's 5 bucks to get in. The club members all pitch in and it's a really nice time for VW people BY VW people.

That all said, I understand it's the big local show to you guys and finding a few bargains at the swap can certainly pad the entry fee, and it's a day of VWs, so it's not like it's not fairly cheap for a day of entertainment, but if you take the wife and a couple kids, you're in for 50 bucks plus cold beverages.

That new show in Rocklin, mark my words, is gonna catch on.
I would have to agree with you Kyle. I don't know if maybe some of that money is also for the drag strip as well though. I would rather cruise around than sit at a show all the time. Maybe we can try a cruise one night in Sac. There used to be a cruise every weekend on J street.
Going to one of those other shows would probably cost just as much being that they are further away.
Back to top Go down
Jim Douglas Jr
SacTown
Jim Douglas Jr

PostSubject: Re: Bug O Rama - SRV Event - May 29th   Bug O Rama - SRV Event - May 29th EmptyThu May 26, 2011 12:52 am

Like I said, I understand this is the big local show, but it might be a good idea to do whatever extra you can as a group to support that new one we went to in I think February. For a first show, it was pretty darn good!

I don't think you have to re-quote something just above your reply.
We get it, Bubbles!
Back to top Go down
Bahabuggin
SacTown
Bahabuggin

PostSubject: Re: Bug O Rama - SRV Event - May 29th   Bug O Rama - SRV Event - May 29th EmptyThu May 26, 2011 1:13 am

Who are you calling bubbles, Nipples. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Jim Douglas Jr
SacTown
Jim Douglas Jr

PostSubject: Re: Bug O Rama - SRV Event - May 29th   Bug O Rama - SRV Event - May 29th EmptyThu May 26, 2011 1:57 am

We should really move our foreplay off the board - at least in into the chat.
Back to top Go down
Bahabuggin
SacTown
Bahabuggin

PostSubject: Re: Bug O Rama - SRV Event - May 29th   Bug O Rama - SRV Event - May 29th EmptyThu May 26, 2011 2:04 am

My internet is to slow to chat. Besides I thought Cliff was bubbles.
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Re: Bug O Rama - SRV Event - May 29th   Bug O Rama - SRV Event - May 29th EmptyThu May 26, 2011 9:02 am

Kyle you are half right. It was a family event until it got expensive. Now just two. The track is not free and have you priced insurance. We are have a party 15 women for a baby shower the insurance is $120 or $150. On the other hand they sure do have a real nice Recreational Vehicle.
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Re: Bug O Rama - SRV Event - May 29th   Bug O Rama - SRV Event - May 29th EmptyThu May 26, 2011 9:05 am

We bring a Easy Up for shade it makes a real big difference. The prevailing winds are an issue so I generally buy Type 4 heads to keep in from taking flight.
Back to top Go down
Jim Douglas Jr
SacTown
Jim Douglas Jr

PostSubject: Re: Bug O Rama - SRV Event - May 29th   Bug O Rama - SRV Event - May 29th EmptyThu May 26, 2011 12:22 pm

That's funny.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bug O Rama - SRV Event - May 29th   Bug O Rama - SRV Event - May 29th Empty

Back to top Go down

Bug O Rama - SRV Event - May 29th
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next