Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon.

Go down 
+5
Mateo
Smogman72
60herbie53
silvertonguedevil
Jim Douglas Jr
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jim Douglas Jr
SacTown
Jim Douglas Jr

Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon. Empty
PostSubject: Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon.   Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon. EmptyFri May 27, 2011 5:42 pm

Dann's El Dorado Herbie and Kyle's Hometown Herbie host a rare screening of "The Love Bug" on the Castro Theatre's GIANT screen. Saturday, June 4th, 12:00 noon.

Tickets, popcorn, soda-pop are just 75 CENTS !
Usually screenings here are $10-$12, but neighbor Cliff's Variety (Store) are celebrating their 75th anniversary and subsidizing it.

Still big by today's standards, the Castro Theatre for years housed the largest screen west of Chicago.
This impeccably kept movie palace remains almost completely as it was built in 1922, and has has had virtually no changes made to it since the 1930s.

Sorry about the giant photo. We can resize them on my other board.
Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon. CastroPosters

The place is huge.
Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon. Curtis-martin-castro-theatre-san-francisco-california-usa

Last edited by Jim Douglas Jr on Sat May 28, 2011 1:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://lovebugfans.com/
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon.   Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon. EmptyFri May 27, 2011 6:03 pm

What's this? I feel like this is possibly a joke.........
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon.   Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon. EmptyFri May 27, 2011 7:48 pm

Ok. I guess it's not a joke.
Back to top Go down
Jim Douglas Jr
SacTown
Jim Douglas Jr

PostSubject: Re: Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon.   Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon. EmptyFri May 27, 2011 8:17 pm

Nope. No joke. Click here for their schedule.
Back to top Go down
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon.   Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon. EmptyFri May 27, 2011 10:35 pm

I cannot believe Greg is so negative all the time. I hate her.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovebugfans.com
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon.   Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon. EmptyFri May 27, 2011 11:47 pm

STFU Dann!
Back to top Go down
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon.   Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon. EmptySat May 28, 2011 12:10 am

Here we go again.
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon.   Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon. EmptySat May 28, 2011 12:20 am

dummy.
Back to top Go down
Jim Douglas Jr
SacTown
Jim Douglas Jr

PostSubject: Re: Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon.   Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon. EmptySat May 28, 2011 1:51 am

Wait, let me do an impersonation... Ahemm...

"Blaaahh! I'm Greg and I'm a Negative Nancy who hates my life and tries to bring everyone else down! Blaaahh!"
Back to top Go down
Jim Douglas Jr
SacTown
Jim Douglas Jr

PostSubject: Re: Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon.   Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon. EmptySat May 28, 2011 1:58 am

Blaaahh! "I'm Greg and I have to think about whether I'm going to deny my children the magic of seeing Herbie as originally intended even though I'm letting them help me build a replica just because I'd rather sit on my kiester and watch other people play sports I'm too lazy to participate in that day. Blaaahh!
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon.   Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon. EmptySat May 28, 2011 10:27 am

Are you ok buddy? Did your dad not hug you as a child?
Back to top Go down
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon.   Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon. EmptySat May 28, 2011 10:58 am

Don't worry Kyle. We'll have more fun without him. He'll just bring is negativity and ruin it for everyone.
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon.   Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon. EmptySat May 28, 2011 11:39 am

"bring is negativity"? Really Dann? Did you ride the short bus?
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon.   Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon. EmptySat May 28, 2011 11:51 am

HES NOT TALL ENOUGH TO RIDE A NORMAL ONE LOL

HIS HEAD DOESNT REACH THE CLOWNS FINGER clown lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.altasierrasmogstop.com
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon.   Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon. EmptySat May 28, 2011 12:35 pm

Ok, I'm going to step up the maturity on this one and say that in support of our fellow members, it would be nice to see some of us at this event. It sounds really cool. I will most likely be attending with my boys.
Back to top Go down
Jim Douglas Jr
SacTown
Jim Douglas Jr

PostSubject: Re: Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon.   Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon. EmptySat May 28, 2011 6:35 pm

That's sweet.
Keep in mind, it's at least a 2.5 hour drive from Grass Valley in a VW.

I do it all the time in 1963 VWs (I don't have a modern car), but that's quite a clip to come for a movie.
However, Sacramento people should definitely consider it.

Traffic can be heavy. Plan to be there by 11:00 AM. You'll need plenty of time to drive around the neighborhood and look for parking. Plan to park a few blocks away because it's all metered on Saturday - expensive meters, like at least $2.00 an hour.

That, or come to my place, park, and take the bus down. MUNI 37 goes basically right to the theater. easy parking up here.

825 Burnett Ave #11.
SF zip 94131
415 307 0053

Like I said, plan to arrive plenty early. We can chit-chat 'til the movie starts.
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon.   Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon. EmptySat May 28, 2011 6:50 pm

Is there plenty of parking at your place?
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon.   Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon. EmptySat May 28, 2011 8:26 pm

THIS IS ALSO THE SAME DAY AS THE IMPORT SHOW HERE IN NEVADA CITY. Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://www.altasierrasmogstop.com
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon.   Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon. EmptySun May 29, 2011 12:41 am

There is only street parking at Kyle's but there is usually parking available.
Back to top Go down
Jim Douglas Jr
SacTown
Jim Douglas Jr

PostSubject: Re: Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon.   Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon. EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 12:22 am

Plenty of parking, even for giant "out-do the neighbors" SUVs.
Back to top Go down
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon.   Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon. EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 12:23 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon.   Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon. EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 2:04 am

Kyle.

Take yourself, someone to constantly be in the passenger's side front seat, two kids that live with you permanently, add a third that comes to visit quite often, a 105-pound Golden Retriever, a Toy Poodle, luggage and necessities for all 7 of you........I would like you to go ahead and tell me what "small" car you can fit all of that sh-t into and still be comfortable?

It was either this or an old retired School Bus. Be happy that I didn't pick the latter.
Back to top Go down
Jim Douglas Jr
SacTown
Jim Douglas Jr

PostSubject: Re: Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon.   Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon. EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 4:50 pm

Dodge Caravan. Better mileage, more seating, more cargo room for hauling stuff.

Any other questions?
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon.   Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon. EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 4:55 pm

A Caravan? Proove to me that ANYTHING you just said is true!
Back to top Go down
Jim Douglas Jr
SacTown
Jim Douglas Jr

PostSubject: Re: Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon.   Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon. EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 4:58 pm

What year is that thing. Expedition, right?
We'll have a ride through Google.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon.   Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon. Empty

Back to top Go down

Dann and Kyle's Herbies host rare screening of "The Love Bug." June 4th. Noon.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next