Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Time to get my bearings....

Go down 
+6
Bradford
silvertonguedevil
cldaslfe
type 4
60herbie53
SurfinSuzie
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SurfinSuzie
State Route
SurfinSuzie

Time to get my bearings.... Empty
PostSubject: Time to get my bearings....   Time to get my bearings.... EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 8:02 pm

K.... so today my car desided to pull another one on me and know people are telling me that i need new bearings... if one of you guys can look at her, give me a price or fix it, or better yet teach me how. I would GREATLY appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
SurfinSuzie
State Route
SurfinSuzie

PostSubject: Re: Time to get my bearings....   Time to get my bearings.... EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 8:03 pm

Also when my car gets to around 20 mph and up, it sounds like a freaking locomotive... basically like someone is knocking on my car....
Back to top Go down
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: Time to get my bearings....   Time to get my bearings.... EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 2:09 am

I will be home all day tomorrow Spencer. Let me know. I can look at it for you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovebugfans.com
SurfinSuzie
State Route
SurfinSuzie

PostSubject: Re: Time to get my bearings....   Time to get my bearings.... EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 12:44 pm

K. Will do. I get off of work at 2-3.
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Re: Time to get my bearings....   Time to get my bearings.... EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 1:04 pm

Does you front end shake
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Re: Time to get my bearings....   Time to get my bearings.... EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 1:06 pm

Super'e get a shake with age look it up on the net so you know what parts to replace. Don know about it, I believe he says it happens at 45

Back to top Go down
SurfinSuzie
State Route
SurfinSuzie

PostSubject: Re: Time to get my bearings....   Time to get my bearings.... EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 7:23 pm

It doesnt shake any more. dont know if that is a bad thing or a good one.
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Spencer   Time to get my bearings.... EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 11:14 pm

What kind of bearings?
Back to top Go down
SurfinSuzie
State Route
SurfinSuzie

PostSubject: Re: Time to get my bearings....   Time to get my bearings.... EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 11:52 pm

Idk. thats just what i've been told. but i also got told that it might be my drums. the guy said that its the metal rubbing on metal.
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Re: Time to get my bearings....   Time to get my bearings.... EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 11:06 am

Is this your old mechanic. Metal on metal could be your brakes. Tech day is soon

D
Back to top Go down
cldaslfe

cldaslfe

PostSubject: Re: Time to get my bearings....   Time to get my bearings.... EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 12:56 pm

Id look at it but your a lil` ways away from Folsom. I bet someone can help you closer but if you cant find someone let me know. I am a ASE certified brake, suspension and alignment tech.
Back to top Go down
SurfinSuzie
State Route
SurfinSuzie

PostSubject: Re: Time to get my bearings....   Time to get my bearings.... EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 1:13 pm

cldaslfe wrote:
Id look at it but your a lil` ways away from Folsom. I bet someone can help you closer but if you cant find someone let me know. I am a ASE certified brake, suspension and alignment tech.

Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Time to get my bearings....   Time to get my bearings.... EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 2:41 pm

cldaslfe wrote:
I am a ASE certified brake, suspension and alignment tech.
Always good to have one of you guys in the group! Good to know.
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Re: Time to get my bearings....   Time to get my bearings.... EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 2:45 pm

I think you would be surprised how many are in the group.
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Time to get my bearings....   Time to get my bearings.... EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 2:45 pm

Alignment guys?
Back to top Go down
Bradford
Admin
Bradford

PostSubject: Re: Time to get my bearings....   Time to get my bearings.... EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 2:49 pm

What you do Spence???? throw a wheel bearing curse?????

My driver side started making noise yesterday. Going to go pick them up and swap them out this afternoon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.norcalvdubs.com
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Re: Time to get my bearings....   Time to get my bearings.... EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 2:55 pm

My son has bunches of ASE plus a Smog license I think is just finished up his master mechanics stuff. He starts 4 hours of TIG tonight for 4 nights a week until the end of July. He should be pretty good. What to sell to get a good TIG machine.
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Time to get my bearings....   Time to get my bearings.... EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 3:08 pm

Spendy!!!
Back to top Go down
SurfinSuzie
State Route
SurfinSuzie

PostSubject: Re: Time to get my bearings....   Time to get my bearings.... EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 6:47 pm

Ok. well i know that im the one thats always complaining about my car. but this time its serious! its sounds like a freaking train is driving behind me!
Back to top Go down
cldaslfe

cldaslfe

PostSubject: Re: Time to get my bearings....   Time to get my bearings.... EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 9:08 pm

SurfinSuzie wrote:
Ok. well i know that im the one thats always complaining about my car. but this time its serious! its sounds like a freaking train is driving behind me!

You sure that is not the horns from the drivers behind you because your driving too slow? lol!
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Time to get my bearings....   Time to get my bearings.... EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 10:09 pm

You might want to park this thing until somebody can take a look at it. You might be doing irreversable damage to it by continuing to drive it.
Back to top Go down
SurfinSuzie
State Route
SurfinSuzie

PostSubject: Re: Time to get my bearings....   Time to get my bearings.... EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 11:07 pm

silvertonguedevil wrote:
You might want to park this thing until somebody can take a look at it. You might be doing irreversable damage to it by continuing to drive it.

K. Its just that its my daily driver. Got nothing else to drive...
Back to top Go down
SurfinSuzie
State Route
SurfinSuzie

PostSubject: Re: Time to get my bearings....   Time to get my bearings.... EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 11:08 pm

cldaslfe wrote:
SurfinSuzie wrote:

You sure that is not the horns from the drivers behind you because your driving too slow? lol!

And of course not!! I go a resonable speed limit.... Razz
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Time to get my bearings....   Time to get my bearings.... EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 12:27 am

SurfinSuzie wrote:
silvertonguedevil wrote:

K. Its just that its my daily driver. Got nothing else to drive...

You might be costing yourself more and more money with every mile you drive. I'd say it's time to get serious about figuring something out.

I wish you were closer, I'd take a peek at it for you.
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Re: Time to get my bearings....   Time to get my bearings.... EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 12:39 am

Ok more information

Noise is it coming from front or rear, left or right side?

If it sounds like it is coming from under you rear seat you may need transmission fluid.

If you are going to take the car to someone and pay to have it worked on take it to Cliff. The other in town are twice as high and have no clue how to work on your car.

What are you doing tomorrow afternoon I have to be in town with Helen to go to the Hospital around 1pm. Pm me with your cell and I can drop by and listen to your car. Tonight my car was talking to me dad check the oil in my transmission please.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time to get my bearings....   Time to get my bearings.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Time to get my bearings....
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next