Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The UPS driver and the front clip

Go down 
+2
Mateo
type 4
6 posters
AuthorMessage
type 4
State Route
type 4

The UPS driver and the front clip Empty
PostSubject: The UPS driver and the front clip   The UPS driver and the front clip EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 12:39 pm

My UPS driver is the brother in law to a member in good standing here. He found a front clip to a SUV he was rebuilding in Oakland. He went down to pick up the clip with another brother in law who assured him it was a good neighborhood. Driving in the hood it was dark, few lights, small groups for individuals scary to say the least. Find the place, pull up and a guy emerges from the alley with a fender in his hand and starts to placing items on the trailer. The deal was done before the first words were even spoken. I am sure the first works out of the seller was, dont turn off the engine. My guess is the whole thing lasted as long as a NASCAR pit stop. Merchandise loaded, money passed and gone in 60 seconds.

You got to love a good car story.

Back to top Go down
Mateo
Admin
Mateo

PostSubject: Re: The UPS driver and the front clip   The UPS driver and the front clip EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 11:26 pm

That's about the long and short of it.

The price was pre-negotiated over the phone and the brother-in-law thought he was going to haggle a bit more on the price when he got there for pick-up.

But when the parts just sort of started filing out from behind the dark alley in succession, being carried by some 'serious' individuals, and placed nicely on the trailer, he just looked at the guy and handed him the money.

The guy took the money, didn't count it, put it in is pocket and then disappeared as the last part was being placed on the trailer by an associate.

They were suddenly alone on the dark street and it was obvious they did not belong there.

Time to get out of Dodge...

Good times!

alien
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Re: The UPS driver and the front clip   The UPS driver and the front clip EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 1:18 am

I thought about having Kyle scope it out for me
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: The UPS driver and the front clip   The UPS driver and the front clip EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 9:28 am

Sounds like the time I took my family into a bad part of downtown Stockton at about 10:00 pm to look at a '58 Ragtop.... Shocked I met the guy at a gas station probably about 5 miles from where the car was and was supposed to follow him there. I had no idea where we were going. We (at one point) were even driving through a series of old abandoned warehouses. My wife kept saying "Greg, I don't like this".

Even I was nervous! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: The UPS driver and the front clip   The UPS driver and the front clip EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 9:33 am

OH YOU SILLY WHITE FOLKS. lol! ENJOY SOME COLOR NOW AND THEN. THEY AINT ALL BAD Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.altasierrasmogstop.com
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: The UPS driver and the front clip   The UPS driver and the front clip EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 9:41 am

I FOUND A GREAT POEM FOR MY BORN AND RAISED SOUTHERN OKY DAD THAT I PICKED UP BACK IN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL.

I BELIEVE IT WENT SOMETHING LIKE THIS:

WHEN YOU ARE SICK YOU TURN GREEN
WHEN YOUR COLD YOU TURN BLUE
WHEN YOUR MAD OR EMBARESSED YOU TURN RED
WHEN YOUR IN THE SUN YOU TURN PINK
WHEN YOUR DEAD YOU TURN PURPLE

NOW WHEN IM SICK IM BLACK
WHEN IM COLD IM BLACK
WHEN IM MAD OR EMBARESSED IM BLACK
WHEN IM IN THE SUN IM BLACK
AND WHEN I DIE ILL BE BLACK

NOW YOU HAVE THE BALLS TO CALL ME COLORED scratch

HE THOUGHT ABOUT IT AND WASNT SO RACIST ANYMORE Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.altasierrasmogstop.com
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Re: The UPS driver and the front clip   The UPS driver and the front clip EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 12:42 pm

The problem is and Greg you had the same thoughts. I have 500 or say 5000 dollars in my pocket the dude you are hooking up with know it so you are one second from getting rolled.

Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: The UPS driver and the front clip   The UPS driver and the front clip EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 12:58 pm

Exactly! Laughing
Back to top Go down
cldaslfe

cldaslfe

PostSubject: Re: The UPS driver and the front clip   The UPS driver and the front clip EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 4:37 pm

When doing those type of scetchy deals I bring my friend nina ... otherwise known as 9mm. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Re: The UPS driver and the front clip   The UPS driver and the front clip EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 6:10 pm

The problem with nina she will get you 90.

I always Google names and phone numbers before a deal
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: The UPS driver and the front clip   The UPS driver and the front clip EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 6:54 pm

Nina would work! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: The UPS driver and the front clip   The UPS driver and the front clip EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 2:47 am

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovebugfans.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The UPS driver and the front clip   The UPS driver and the front clip Empty

Back to top Go down

The UPS driver and the front clip
Page 1 of 1