Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Slot Car Meet Progress.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
justcruzin

justcruzin

Slot Car Meet Progress. Empty
PostSubject: Slot Car Meet Progress.   Slot Car Meet Progress. EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 9:58 pm

I thought I would start a new thread on the updates on the slot car track progress. We talked about it in this thread.... http://www.norcalvdubs.com/t878-sactown-crew-meeting-saturday-night-8-6-11

Today we made some head way. Wasn't planning on even getting to this room today. We were planning on making space in a smaller room for the sewing machine and scooters. We did that and ended up in the track room. We still need to service the track and do a bit more cleaning in the overall room, but we are getting there. I am hoping to hopefully be able to it ready for a meet sometime after Bug O Rama!

So here is a before pic,
Slot Car Meet Progress. IMG_1303

and here is what we did today!

Slot Car Meet Progress. IMG_1752

Slot Car Meet Progress. IMG_1753

We added a couch for more seating and also added a table to work on the cars on. We have emailed our track guy and are waiting for a reply from him. We are hoping to get him to come over and help us set up some cars for everyone to use. He has some hard body cars that we would like to use, so hopefully he will get back to us soon. If not we will set up some of our soft body cars. You can also bring your own cars and triggers if you want. The track will handle some 1/32 cars but the 1/24 cars are the best.

I will update as we go along and let everyone know how things are coming along.
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Slot Car Meet Progress.   Slot Car Meet Progress. EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 10:45 am

I moved this to the Events area cuz I figured this would be something for both groups. I think this will be fun!
Back to top Go down
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: Slot Car Meet Progress.   Slot Car Meet Progress. EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 12:28 am

That track looks sweet. This will be fun.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovebugfans.com
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: Slot Car Meet Progress.   Slot Car Meet Progress. EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 3:03 pm

Hey, I finally have an update!!

The track guy will be here on Wed. of this week!!!! 9/21/11. He is going to get us all set up for some racing! Once he is done, and all is a go. I will try to set up a Saturday afternoon/evening to have you guy's over for some racing!! Very Happy

Stay tuned!!!

Oh, and if you all like it, maybe we can have our (SacTown) monthly meetings here?
Back to top Go down
Low Class
State Route
Low Class

PostSubject: Re: Slot Car Meet Progress.   Slot Car Meet Progress. EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 6:57 pm

I would love to drive down and do a little racing. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Submarine Driver

Submarine Driver

PostSubject: Re: Slot Car Meet Progress.   Slot Car Meet Progress. EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 7:11 pm

Would it be an issue if I don't own a slotcar? I'd love to participate!
Back to top Go down
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: Slot Car Meet Progress.   Slot Car Meet Progress. EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 7:50 pm

Nope, no one needs a slot car!! You can bring what you have, if you have it, but if not, we will have cars. That is why the track guy is coming over!! He will be fixing and replacing some of our "rental" cars. No, you don't have to rent them, it will be free. They are called rental cars because they are more heavy duty compared to the other more professional type cars.

For those of you that have cars, the 1/24's work best on this track. The 1/32 cars that look like the real thing will work, depending on the car.

Back to top Go down
Submarine Driver

Submarine Driver

PostSubject: Re: Slot Car Meet Progress.   Slot Car Meet Progress. EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 8:01 pm

Cool. I remember taking over the kitchen table with my little setup in comparison to yours.
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Slot Car Meet Progress.   Slot Car Meet Progress. EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 10:26 pm

This is going to be fun!
Back to top Go down
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: Slot Car Meet Progress.   Slot Car Meet Progress. EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 10:37 pm

That is really looking good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovebugfans.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slot Car Meet Progress.   Slot Car Meet Progress. Empty

Back to top Go down

Slot Car Meet Progress.
Page 1 of 1