Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

40 horse engine for sale

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
916pat

916pat

40 horse engine for sale Empty
PostSubject: 40 horse engine for sale   40 horse engine for sale EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 9:35 pm

So I just bought this complete engine to run in my buggy while I build a bigger one, and then found out in needed new pnc's, I just picked up a brand new set of malhe pistons and cylinders for it and had the bottom end looked at by a vw engine builder who said the bottom end was in great shape. he said the end play was good as well. heads are also in excellent shape. Looks to have a new clutch also, any way, now I have decided to sell my buggy and have no use for this motor. It has a 30 pict 3 carb that is like new inside and out. I have new push rod seals, intake and exhaust gaskets for it as well. this engine won't break any speed records but should provide many years of putting around town. will come with some misc. parts too. let me know if you are interested. sorry I don't have any pics right now but I will try to take some later. just wanted to give you guys a shot before craigslist. looking to get $400 for it. if anyone is interested I want $3000 for the buggy.
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: 40 horse engine for sale   40 horse engine for sale EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 1:23 pm

Why are you selling your buggy?
Back to top Go down
amishman
State Route
amishman

PostSubject: Re: 40 horse engine for sale   40 horse engine for sale EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 6:37 pm

916pat wrote:
So I just bought this complete engine to run in my buggy while I build a bigger one, and then found out in needed new pnc's, I just picked up a brand new set of malhe pistons and cylinders for it and had the bottom end looked at by a vw engine builder who said the bottom end was in great shape. he said the end play was good as well. heads are also in excellent shape. Looks to have a new clutch also, any way, now I have decided to sell my buggy and have no use for this motor. It has a 30 pict 3 carb that is like new inside and out. I have new push rod seals, intake and exhaust gaskets for it as well. this engine won't break any speed records but should provide many years of putting around town. will come with some misc. parts too. let me know if you are interested. sorry I don't have any pics right now but I will try to take some later. just wanted to give you guys a shot before craigslist. looking to get $400 for it. if anyone is interested I want $3000 for the buggy.

What is the serial# on the engine case?

tj
Back to top Go down
http://www.vwhippie.com
916pat

916pat

PostSubject: Re: 40 horse engine for sale   40 horse engine for sale EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 6:46 pm

case # is 5200371. selling the buggy to fund another project I have been putting off for over 10 years now, my grandfathers corvair.
Back to top Go down
amishman
State Route
amishman

PostSubject: Re: 40 horse engine for sale   40 horse engine for sale EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 6:48 pm

Ah, OK. Looking for an older one for a 1960 bus so yours is too new. 8-)

Thanks though.

tj
Back to top Go down
http://www.vwhippie.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 40 horse engine for sale   40 horse engine for sale Empty

Back to top Go down

40 horse engine for sale
Page 1 of 1