Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Any one know how to work on a Juke Box??

Go down 
+2
silvertonguedevil
justcruzin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
justcruzin

justcruzin

Any one know how to work on a Juke Box?? Empty
PostSubject: Any one know how to work on a Juke Box??   Any one know how to work on a Juke Box?? EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 8:10 pm

We bought a juke box at an antique fair a couple weekends ago. It will turn on and make a click noise when you select the song, but will not pick up and play the record.

Also need to find keys to it. The top will lift up, but we can't get into the sides. So if you know anyone that works on them that has their own keys, send them my way!! Very Happy

Any one know how to work on a Juke Box?? IMG_1922

This will be in the track room so it would be cool if I could find a repair person before we have our track day! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Any one know how to work on a Juke Box??   Any one know how to work on a Juke Box?? EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 10:28 pm

Shut the front door!!! That's the exact same jukebox I'm restoring for my dad right now. 1961 Seeburg AY160. How weird? Kyle has one too. He knows alot about them.
Back to top Go down
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: Any one know how to work on a Juke Box??   Any one know how to work on a Juke Box?? EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 11:15 pm

No way!!! I was just throwing it out there as a long shot! I can't believe 2 of you have them! I think you and Kyle need to come look at the track before the track day! LOL So you guy's can fix the Juke Box! Very Happy

Do you guy's have a key to it??
Back to top Go down
Low Class
State Route
Low Class

PostSubject: Re: Any one know how to work on a Juke Box??   Any one know how to work on a Juke Box?? EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 11:29 pm

It looks like it is right next to the lift if you need to get underneath it cheers
Back to top Go down
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: Any one know how to work on a Juke Box??   Any one know how to work on a Juke Box?? EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 11:31 pm

LOL, no, it is now in the track room. Sitting right in the middle of it to be exact! LOL Need to make a spot for it. That is a project in itself! LOL
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Any one know how to work on a Juke Box??   Any one know how to work on a Juke Box?? EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 11:35 pm

Kyle and I each have keys for ours but I'm almost certain they wouldn't work in each others or yours. Be worth I try though I 'spose.
Back to top Go down
Submarine Driver

Submarine Driver

PostSubject: Re: Any one know how to work on a Juke Box??   Any one know how to work on a Juke Box?? EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 11:48 pm

Are there any members that are skilled in the art of lockpicking?
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Re: Any one know how to work on a Juke Box??   Any one know how to work on a Juke Box?? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 9:42 am

We can pick a lot of things but locks are way down on the list cheers
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Any one know how to work on a Juke Box??   Any one know how to work on a Juke Box?? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 10:04 am

This isn't mine, just a reference picture I picked up online. Does yours have the pintstripes in tact?

Any one know how to work on a Juke Box?? 669207261_450ebdc0b3-vi
Back to top Go down
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: Any one know how to work on a Juke Box??   Any one know how to work on a Juke Box?? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 11:58 am

LOL, yah, maybe we need to find a lock picker first! Very Happy

Yah, mine has the stripes on it. Looks just like that one except the picture in the right corner is different, but those were changed all the time so, everyone will probably be different!
Back to top Go down
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: Any one know how to work on a Juke Box??   Any one know how to work on a Juke Box?? EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 12:53 am

If I remember right the keys should be the same. Kyle will be able to tell you. I could probably help you get it working but Kyle can dial that baby in better than anyone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovebugfans.com
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Any one know how to work on a Juke Box??   Any one know how to work on a Juke Box?? EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 9:37 am

justcruzin wrote:

Yah, mine has the stripes on it. Looks just like that one except the picture in the right corner is different, but those were changed all the time so, everyone will probably be different!
The pictures are just 45 sleeves. Mine has Bobby Vinton in it. If you lift up the lid, you can gain access to that area and just change out the sleeve. They would put new ones in there every week (ie; Artist of the Week).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any one know how to work on a Juke Box??   Any one know how to work on a Juke Box?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any one know how to work on a Juke Box??
Page 1 of 1