Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cheap project cars....I mean CHEAP!!

Go down 
+4
Mateo
type 4
Smogman72
silvertonguedevil
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
type 4
State Route
type 4

Cheap project cars....I mean CHEAP!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: ok   Cheap project cars....I mean CHEAP!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 4:28 pm

If I get any more wheeled projects I will need a good divorce attorney. 50 pics is nothing to sneeze at. So are you going to get a new toy?

Got to go

DC
Back to top Go down
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: Cheap project cars....I mean CHEAP!!   Cheap project cars....I mean CHEAP!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 6:45 pm

I received the pictures if you need them forwarded to you guys. There looks to be some solid cars there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovebugfans.com
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Cheap project cars....I mean CHEAP!!   Cheap project cars....I mean CHEAP!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 7:12 pm

Smogman72 wrote:
IM JUST CONFUSED/FRUSTRATED ON WHY WE CANT GET A YARD NAME OR ADDRESS SO IF WE WERE INTERESTED WE COULD GO CHECK THESE CARS OUT ON OUR OWN SCHEDULE.

IT WOULD HAVE BEEN GREAT TO HAVE GONE DOWN TO LOOK ON THAT THURSDAY NIGHT SEEING THAT I HAD MY TRAILER ALL HOOKED UP AND EVERYTHING. EVEN FRIDAY OR MONDAY AFTERNOON (CUZ IM IN SAC MON. MORNINGS) WOULD HAVE BEEN OK. WE HAD A MAKE-UP TECH DAY SATURDAY SO FOLKS COULD GET READY FOR THE RANCH RUN THIS COMING WEEKEND. THE NEXT CHANCE I, COULD POSSIBLY GET DOWN THAT WAY WOULD BE NEXT MONDAY AFTERNOON THEN MAYBE SUNDAY THE 17TH. SO WHEN YOU POSTED IT WOULD HAVE BEEN THE PERFECT TIME FOR ME. NOT SURE IF ANYONE ELSE MAY HAVE BEEN INTERESTED.

Here's why.

I'm sure some of you, if not all, know what kind of people work in wrecking yards, impound yards, yada yada. Getting them to trust and like you is rare. This guy does both. He was even willing to take these 50 pictures on his own time and then put them in an email and sent them to me. I was amazed at just that alone. So this guy gets old cars in all the time. This could be a good relationship to have. He calls me when he gets old crap in and let's it go for scrap metal prices. I get hook-ups and you guys get hook-ups.

So now why would I just turn this information loose? Why would I want every Tom, Dick and Harry crawling all over this guy? He could potentially get pissed and there that goes.

I regret that I even brought it up at this point. I thought of you guys the second that I saw these old VW's sitting around and it pisses me off that I'm at the sword's point right now.
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: guys   Cheap project cars....I mean CHEAP!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 7:13 pm

Thin ice and it is getting warmer outside. Mad
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Cheap project cars....I mean CHEAP!!   Cheap project cars....I mean CHEAP!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 7:13 pm

60herbie53 wrote:
I received the pictures if you need them forwarded to you guys. There looks to be some solid cars there.
Dann, thanks....but they're not interested in that. I already offered. They're looking for a treasure map.
Back to top Go down
Bahabuggin
SacTown
Bahabuggin

PostSubject: Re: Cheap project cars....I mean CHEAP!!   Cheap project cars....I mean CHEAP!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 7:17 pm

I see your point Greg. I do appreciate the info.
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: the man   Cheap project cars....I mean CHEAP!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 7:26 pm

I know what you are talking about the guy that (past tense) ran the local junk yard was mean looking old Harley rider. It took time but he was great lots of knowledge. It took time. Now he is gone and it just not the same. Its nice you have a friend in the business they are very protective of the impound lots. He is liable. Me I just like looking at old cars. And I have years of work ahead of me right at this moment with out adding another project. So I hope you get what you want or need.

D

Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Cheap project cars....I mean CHEAP!!   Cheap project cars....I mean CHEAP!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 8:02 pm

I appreciate you guys understanding. I was kinda feelin' pushed in a corner. I'm not really looking for anything either (project-wise). I'm just trying to save more Volkswagens from being destroyed.
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: Cheap project cars....I mean CHEAP!!   Cheap project cars....I mean CHEAP!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 9:43 pm

OK I UNDERSTAND NOW. SORRY YOU FEEL ATTACKED. IF I HAD GOT THE NAME OF THE PLACE I WOULD HAVE CALLED AND TOLD THEM THAT "A FELLOW VWER TURNED ME ON TO YOU GUYS CAN I COME BY SOMETIME AND CHECK OUT THE VWS YOU HAVE?"

NOW BECAUSE OF PROBLEMS WITH MACHINERY AT WORK I DONT HAVE ANY MONEY ANYWAYS SO MAYBE NEXT TIME.

THANX FOR THINKIN BOUT THE GROUP FIRST OFF. ITS ALWAYS NICE TO A CAR FROM THE CRUSHER. AND SORRY IF I HURT YOUR FEELINGS OR MADE YOU FEEL ATTACKED. MAYBE IF THERE IS A NEXT TIME THINGS WILL WORK OUT BETTER Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.altasierrasmogstop.com
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Cheap project cars....I mean CHEAP!!   Cheap project cars....I mean CHEAP!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 10:05 pm

Thanks Cliff!

Ok...now that that's over.... Laughing

Anybody for some cheap Volkswagens?
Back to top Go down
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: Cheap project cars....I mean CHEAP!!   Cheap project cars....I mean CHEAP!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 11:39 pm

I am glad that all worked out. I was just trying to help Greg out by offering the pictures.
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: Cheap project cars....I mean CHEAP!!   Cheap project cars....I mean CHEAP!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 9:55 am

ID REALLY LOVE TO SAVE ONE, TWO, OR ALL OF THEM BUT NO MONEY. BECAUSE THE SERVICE MAN DIDNT SHOW UP YESTURDAY I LOST ABOUT $300 AND NOW I GET TO START TODAY OUT BY LOOSING MONEY. THEY WILL BE HEARING FROM ME AS SOON AS I GET TO WORK. THEY HAVE 3 DAYS TO ANSWER A SERVICE CALL (STATE LAW) AND I CALLED THEM FRIDAY MORNING. SO THEY IS GONNA FIX MY MACHINE FOR NOTHING Mad
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Cliff   Cheap project cars....I mean CHEAP!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 10:20 am

That is so hard when your work is all service it is big set back. I hope you did not loose any customers.
Back to top Go down
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: Cheap project cars....I mean CHEAP!!   Cheap project cars....I mean CHEAP!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 2:19 pm

Yup. Hope it didn't hurt the business too much.
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: Cheap project cars....I mean CHEAP!!   Cheap project cars....I mean CHEAP!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 3:06 pm

LOL. IT HURTING BAD!!! I STARTED THE WEEK NEEDING ABOUT $700 TO PAY THE BILLS DUE LAST AND THIS WEEK. AS OF RIGHT NOW IM ABOUT $900 IN THE HOLE. No
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: are you up and running   Cheap project cars....I mean CHEAP!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 3:18 pm

Are you up and running?

Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: Cheap project cars....I mean CHEAP!!   Cheap project cars....I mean CHEAP!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 3:24 pm

NOT YET BUT SHOULD BE BY 2
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: I was doing the math   Cheap project cars....I mean CHEAP!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 3:26 pm

I was doing the math and it did not ad up now it does. When you are up and running I can come up and hold a sign. affraid
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: Cheap project cars....I mean CHEAP!!   Cheap project cars....I mean CHEAP!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 3:35 pm

lol! THAT WOULD BE GREAT BUT IM BOOKED FROM 2 TO CLOSE TODAY. I SHOULD BE UP AND RUNNING BY 2
Back to top Go down
Bahabuggin
SacTown
Bahabuggin

PostSubject: Re: Cheap project cars....I mean CHEAP!!   Cheap project cars....I mean CHEAP!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 5:36 pm

I would like to get the pictures of those vw's.
alvin_anderson@live.com
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Cheap project cars....I mean CHEAP!!   Cheap project cars....I mean CHEAP!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 10:09 pm

Hey John, that doesn't seem to be working for me. Email me at gpugh1976@yahoo.com

I'll forward the email to you.
Back to top Go down
Bahabuggin
SacTown
Bahabuggin

PostSubject: Re: Cheap project cars....I mean CHEAP!!   Cheap project cars....I mean CHEAP!! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 1:35 pm

Hey Greg do you know if they have salvage titles?
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Cheap project cars....I mean CHEAP!!   Cheap project cars....I mean CHEAP!! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 3:29 pm

From what I understand, they currently have no paperwork. But, they're at a tow yard and that's the best place to be. Those guys can usually hook you up with lien papers so that you can march on down to DMV and get a title.
Back to top Go down
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: Cheap project cars....I mean CHEAP!!   Cheap project cars....I mean CHEAP!! - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 12:26 am

Exactly.
Back to top Go down
Jim Douglas Jr
SacTown
Jim Douglas Jr

PostSubject: Re: Cheap project cars....I mean CHEAP!!   Cheap project cars....I mean CHEAP!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 5:28 pm

Anything ever come of these? You could buy a couple and probably flip them on The Samba for WAY more.
People will pay a grand for a solid project car.
Back to top Go down
http://lovebugfans.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheap project cars....I mean CHEAP!!   Cheap project cars....I mean CHEAP!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cheap project cars....I mean CHEAP!!
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next