Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

GROUP CARDS?

Go down 
+15
west coast ghia
60herbie53
Bahabuggin
8v fury
Low Class
Andy
Davids74Super
Bradford
silvertonguedevil
type 4
amishman
Jim Douglas Jr
Mateo
zuhaelter_82
Smogman72
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

GROUP CARDS? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GROUP CARDS?   GROUP CARDS? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 3:47 pm

OK. HAVENT GOT THE PICTURE FOR THE FRONT WORKED OUT PERFECT YET BUT HERES WHAT I HAVE NOW.

GROUP CARDS? - Page 2 Livepr10

GROUP CARDS? - Page 2 Livepr11

JUST TO GET SOME ASAP I WOULD LIKE TO GO AHEAD AND ORDER 250 OF THESE AT $21.97+$13.68 7 DAY SHIPPING TOTALING $35.65 AND WE SHOULD HAVE THEM NEXT WEEK Cool . IF WE WANT 500 OF THESE ITS $37.98+$16.12 7 DAY SHIPPING TOTALING $54.10.

I KNOW A FEW OF YOU HAVE OFFERED TO CHIP IN SO I AM WILLING TO GET 250 OR 500 TO START AND IF YOU WANT TO CHIP IN PLEASE DO. IF THERE ARE SOME CHANGES THAT NEED TO BE MADE OTHER THAN OUR LOGO ON THE FRONT WE CAN FIX THOSE AND ORDER A BUNCH. IF EVERYONE FEELS ITS PERFECT THE WAY IT IS WE CAN MORE. ID LIKE TO GET THE ORDER PLACED BY FRIDAY SO WE CAN HAVE THEM TO SPREAD THROUGH THE GROUP ON TECH DAY NEXT SATURDAY.
Back to top Go down
http://www.altasierrasmogstop.com
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: GROUP CARDS?   GROUP CARDS? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 4:21 pm

Just my opinion......I don't think I would exclude "Sacramento" or "Sacramento Valley" from the front of the cards..? What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: GROUP CARDS?   GROUP CARDS? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 4:38 pm

silvertonguedevil wrote:
Just my opinion......I don't think I would exclude "Sacramento" or "Sacramento Valley" from the front of the cards..? What do you think?

THIS IS THE ORIGINAL ART FOR THE GROUP THAT WAS SENT TO ME.

BRAD AND PETE (THE CO-FOUNDERS OF THE GROUP) HAD AN IDEA TO GET A LOCAL VW GROUP STARTED WITHOUT ALL THE MESS AND POLITICS OF A "CLUB". THAT IS THE REASON JUST THE FOOTHILL TOWNS ARE LISTED.

I DONT THINK THEY EVER THOUGHT IT WOULD TAKE OFF LIKE IT DID AND HAVE PEOPLE INTERESTED AS FAR AWAY AS FALLAN NV TO VACAVILLE, FRISCO, ETC.

WE DONT WANT TO EXCLUDE ANY AREA. I THINK IT WOULD BE GREAT TO GET A COUPLE FEW DIFFERENT "HEADQUARTERS" OR "CHAPTERS" OF OUR GROUP. LIKE G.V., PLACERVILLE, SAC, ETC.

MAYBE BRAD CAN ALTER THE ART TO SAY SOMETHING DIFFERENT LIKE JUST BELOW THE HEADER PIC "VW ENTHUSIAST OF THE SIERRA FOOTHILLS DOWN TO THE SAC VALLEY".
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: GROUP CARDS?   GROUP CARDS? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 4:50 pm

Well maybe we need to have another IHOP-style meeting and get serious about this. I'm very much down with the idea of heading up a Sacramento Chapter but I also don't want to break up with you guys! lol!

I really like this group but it seems we've got a bit of a predicament (as far as the name and location and whatnot)

What do you think about a sit-down meeting to talk about this?
Back to top Go down
Bradford
Admin
Bradford

PostSubject: Re: GROUP CARDS?   GROUP CARDS? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 4:56 pm

COOL.. I was hoping someone would step up for the SAC area.

I will change the front when I resize it Cliff.. will try to do tonight.

Greg.. we need to talk, I have some ideas how to "seperate" but be the "same".. so let's talk.. that would be cool.
Back to top Go down
http://www.norcalvdubs.com
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: GROUP CARDS?   GROUP CARDS? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 6:15 pm

Do you want to have an IHOP-style rap session or do you want me to just call you?
Back to top Go down
Jim Douglas Jr
SacTown
Jim Douglas Jr

PostSubject: Re: GROUP CARDS?   GROUP CARDS? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 6:21 pm

Front art needs to be stretched to better fill the card, but it looks generally good.

I'm not interested in anything post 1985. Some of these kids that live at home with no bills to pay invest $10K in their engines and resonators and Xenon headlights on their 10 year old cars, and I'm not into it at all. Consequently, most of those people look down their noses at the air-cooled set. They never acknowledge us at intersections, etc.
That's just me, but you asked for opinions.
Back to top Go down
http://lovebugfans.com/
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: GROUP CARDS?   GROUP CARDS? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 6:39 pm

I'll take that a step further and admit that I don't dig Water-Pumpers AT ALL! I agree with what Kyle said. I think Air-Cooled guys and Water-Pumpers are two different walks of life and neither really appreciate what the other has. It's like mixing oil and water in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: explane    GROUP CARDS? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 6:58 pm

How is that? They dont breath the same air or bleed red when they crack there knuckles. I believe most other groups are more serious
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: GROUP CARDS?   GROUP CARDS? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 7:00 pm

What do you mean?
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: GROUP CARDS?   GROUP CARDS? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 7:04 pm

Jim Douglas Jr wrote:
I'm not interested in anything post 1985. Some of these kids that live at home with no bills to pay invest $10K in their engines and resonators and Xenon headlights on their 10 year old cars, and I'm not into it at all. Consequently, most of those people look down their noses at the air-cooled set. They never acknowledge us at intersections, etc.
That's just me, but you asked for opinions.

THIS IS TRUE. THAT IS PROBABLY WHY MOST OF US ARE AIR COOLED. THERE ARE A FEW THAT HAVE BOTH THO SUCH AS TJ AND LANDON. NED IS WATER COOLED ETC. WE CANT HATE ON THEM CUZ THEN WE'D BE NO BETTER THEN THOSE STUCK UP TEENIES WITH THEIR "COOL FAST" WATER COOLEDS. THAT IS WHY WE SAY VW ENTHUSIASTS.
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: GROUP CARDS?   GROUP CARDS? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 7:06 pm

Admin wrote:
COOL.. I was hoping someone would step up for the SAC area.

I will change the front when I resize it Cliff.. will try to do tonight.

Greg.. we need to talk, I have some ideas how to "seperate" but be the "same".. so let's talk.. that would be cool.

THAT IS AWESOME. YES THANK YOU FOR STEPPING UP GREG.

OK COOL BRAD THANX.

I LIKE THE IDEA OF ANOTHER SIT DOWN. MORE HEADS MORE IDEAS ON HOW TO MAKE IT WORK. THEN THE MAIN HEADS CAN MAKE A FINAL DECISION WITH EVERYONES INPUT.
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: GROUP CARDS?   GROUP CARDS? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 7:11 pm

That's what I was kinda hopin'. We'll get Brad's input here but I think another meeting would be cool. The group should really be having at least a couple of these a year anyway.
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: GROUP CARDS?   GROUP CARDS? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 7:15 pm

TRUE BUT DONT FORGET WE ARE STILL YOUNG. THIS ONLY GOT STARTED UP THE VERY END OF JUNE LAST YEAR. ALMOST A YEAR OLD. WE WILL GET THERE SOON ENOUGH. THERE WILL ALWAYS BE SOME KIND OF "BUGS" TO WORK ON/OUT.

"YOU MUST BE YOUNG AND DUMB BEFORE YOU CAN BE OLD AND WISE"

NOT SURE WHO ORIGANLLY SAID IT BUT I HAVE THAT IN STICKER FORM ON MY BIKE HELMET.
Back to top Go down
Bradford
Admin
Bradford

PostSubject: Re: GROUP CARDS?   GROUP CARDS? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 7:22 pm

Sounds like a plan. I am for a sit down.. I say let's leave the VW enthusiast... I find that most people with the air cooled join up anyway. I know some folks that are cool with older rabbit verts and such, that I would have no problems with cruisin' with us. If we get the young punk set, we will just scare them away..hehehehehe.. I mean just look at Cliff with his long red hair and that beenie.. he scares me!!! LOL

We can do a middle of the week thing or wait till the 28th or so. We have our club tech day and show next saturday. I have to work late this saturday.

What ever works.. I know your comming up from Sac.. I will email the rest when we set a date. We can meet in Auburn at Mel's that day.. make it more central for you guys.
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: GROUP CARDS?   GROUP CARDS? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 7:30 pm

OR EVEN ON A SUNDAY SINCE SOME WORK ON SATURDAYS.

OR POSSIBLY MAYBE DENNYS IN NEW CASTLE?? NEW CASTLE OR SOUTH SOUTH AUBURN IS PRETTY MUCH HALF WAY. COMMUTING FROM ROSEVILLE TO ALTA SIERRA ALMOST EVERYDAY FOR ABOUT A YEAR AND A HALF.
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: GROUP CARDS?   GROUP CARDS? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 7:31 pm

Awww....you're so nice!

lol!

I'll look at the calendar when I get home.
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: GROUP CARDS?   GROUP CARDS? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 7:42 pm

I'm good most any Sunday. Just pick one.
Back to top Go down
Jim Douglas Jr
SacTown
Jim Douglas Jr

PostSubject: Re: GROUP CARDS?   GROUP CARDS? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 3:07 pm

I suppose what I hadn't considered is that once people show up, they'll either get it/us, or they won't.
It's the strictly late model water-cooled set I guess I was thinking about.
Those types won't stick around anyway, I guess.

I just hate to see the club taken over by them since everything's going so well.
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: GROUP CARDS?   GROUP CARDS? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 3:33 pm

I agree!
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Very few   GROUP CARDS? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 3:59 pm

Very few VW water guys around here. If they are decent guys what would be the point. This club is not about you or me it is about the members each contributing. If you dont keep fresh blood in any organization it will die. We have members here that dont contribute who have so much knowledge it is amazing. How to get them on board?

One way maybe we need a sand box and clean up the tech posting
Back to top Go down
Mateo
Admin
Mateo

PostSubject: Re: GROUP CARDS?   GROUP CARDS? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 4:00 pm

We'll convert them over to see the ways of the universe.

If the universe had intended for high speed vehicles to be water cooled, it would not have created rust.

You can quote me on that.

afro
Back to top Go down
Jim Douglas Jr
SacTown
Jim Douglas Jr

PostSubject: Re: GROUP CARDS?   GROUP CARDS? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 4:02 pm

Then that's that, the cards are pretty much ready to go.
People will either blend in or they won't.
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: GROUP CARDS?   GROUP CARDS? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 4:12 pm

...and I guess I'll do the Sacramento thing and I wont worry about what you guys do.
Back to top Go down
Bradford
Admin
Bradford

PostSubject: Re: GROUP CARDS?   GROUP CARDS? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 4:48 pm

Well.. nothing has been said about it being only aircooled, and as you can see... no watercooled in the club yet.. So, don't think it is to big a whoop up here. Now for the Sacto area, might want to do those with aircooled only. There is a bunch more rocket racers down there than up here.

I am good for a Sunday if that works better for a meeting of the minds. Let's see... this weekend is shot to hell. Next weekend we have the tech day/show.. but maybe that Sunday afternoon would work????

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GROUP CARDS?   GROUP CARDS? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

GROUP CARDS?
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next