Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dont park behind a Honda Element

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
type 4
State Route
type 4

Dont park behind a Honda Element Empty
PostSubject: Dont park behind a Honda Element   Dont park behind a Honda Element EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 11:33 pm

So today my Element Thanked me for being it owner by rolling back and smacking my Dodge truck. It was in gear, it is a 5 speed and the parking brake was applied. I guess the good news it was the Dodge truck because it just laughed, not a scratch. The Element is all rubberized plastic, a body shop will get me for a couple of grand but in reality it is a tale-light. When I am in a better humor I will pull it out.

So you are saying to yourself why does this retain to me.

Last winter a friend get out of his Element takes a picture and when he turns around it is down a hill totaled.

The other day another friend in Virginia posts on face book her Element rolled into another car they own.

I dont go for urban legends and Law and Order has taught me, no such thing as coincidences. So do yourself a favor and don't park anywhere near a rolling Honda Box. Unless you own a Dodge 2500 4wd MegaCab than you are safe.

So if you play the stock market it may be time to do a little shorting on dear old HONDA. And yeas Is still love my Civics it just my ELEMENT bite
Back to top Go down
Jim Douglas Jr
SacTown
Jim Douglas Jr

PostSubject: Re: Dont park behind a Honda Element   Dont park behind a Honda Element EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 2:31 pm

I'd take it to the dealer and show them that the parking brake isn't right. At least that part should be repeatable.
As for being in gear, always leave them in first or reverse. On a hill, higher gears can allow movement and popping out of the lever.

At least you or someone wasn't in the way. It's one thing if a car is running/being steered, but a silent, unmanned car is just scary.

I think you mean pertain.
Retain means hold.
Example: Dann is retaining water. A LOT of water.
Back to top Go down
http://lovebugfans.com/

PostSubject: Re: Dont park behind a Honda Element   Dont park behind a Honda Element EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 5:45 pm

Bring it to the Bar-b-que! I've got a nice sloping area the leads to the pond. We can place bets on how long the brakes will hold! (With my competitive nature, it won't hold very long before your H_____a get a bath).......
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Re: Dont park behind a Honda Element   Dont park behind a Honda Element EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 2:15 pm

Right now I am looking for a bug to park downhill so I can replicate it at Eric's house. Any takers.
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: Dont park behind a Honda Element   Dont park behind a Honda Element EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 5:03 pm

YOU GOT INSURANCE. IF SO ILL DO IT. I NEED THE MONEY Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.altasierrasmogstop.com
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Re: Dont park behind a Honda Element   Dont park behind a Honda Element EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 5:17 pm

Cliff you are going to be so busy.

those that can't do teach

Back to top Go down
Jim Douglas Jr
SacTown
Jim Douglas Jr

PostSubject: Re: Dont park behind a Honda Element   Dont park behind a Honda Element EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 5:45 pm

Oh, the minute you watched it, it won't happen again.

As I said, at least nobody was hurt. A kid on a bike or playing near by could have been a real disaster.
Back to top Go down
http://lovebugfans.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dont park behind a Honda Element   Dont park behind a Honda Element Empty

Back to top Go down

Dont park behind a Honda Element
Page 1 of 1