Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

GROUP CARDS?

Go down 
+15
west coast ghia
60herbie53
Bahabuggin
8v fury
Low Class
Andy
Davids74Super
Bradford
silvertonguedevil
type 4
amishman
Jim Douglas Jr
Mateo
zuhaelter_82
Smogman72
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

GROUP CARDS? Empty
PostSubject: GROUP CARDS?   GROUP CARDS? EmptyWed May 04, 2011 1:27 pm

SO AT THE CAR SHOW HERE IN GV THIS PAST WEEKEND I HAD BUSINESS CARDS ON THE CARD TO ADVERTISE THE SHOP. AFTER USING A FEW OF THEM TO GET THE WORD OUT ABOUT OUR GROUP HERE I THOUGHT WHY DONT WE GET SOME BUSINESS CARDS. THIS WAY MEMBERS CAN PASS THEM OUT AT THE GAS STATION, STORE, ETC WHEN WE START CHATTING WITH FOLKS AND MENTIONING THE GROUP. NO MORE LOOKING FOR PAPER AND PEN.

VISTA PRINT USED TO GIVE OUT FREE CARDS. THEY ARE NOW JUST DISCOUNTING THEM. SO I GOT ON AND GOT SOMETHING WORKED OUT. THERE IS OF COARSE SOME COST INVOLVED WITH THIS SO IM JUST THROWING THIS OUT THERE FOR ALL.

HERES THE BREAK DOWN OF PRICING FOR WHAT I HAVE DESIGNED:

250 CARDS ARE $21.97 + $5.67 21 DAY SHIPPING = $27.64 MAKING THEM $0.1105 EA
500 CARDS ARE $32.98 + $6.15 21 DAY SHIPPING = $39.13 MAKING THEM $0.0782 EA
1000 CARDS ARE $39.98 + $7.12 21 DAY SHIPPING = $47.10 MAKING THEM $0.0471 EA
1500 CARDS ARE $54.97 + $8.79 21 DAY SHIPPING = $63.76 MAKING THEM $0.0425 EA
2000 CARDS ARE $61.97 + $0.00 UP TO 7 DAY SHIPPING = $61.97 MAKING THEM $0.0309 EA
2500 CARDS ARE $66.97 + $0.00 UP TO 7 DAY SHIPPING = $66.97 MAKING THEM $0.0267 EA
5000 CARDS ARE $81.97 + $0.00 UP TO 7 DAY SHIPPING = $81.97 MAKING THEM $0.0163 EA

FOR THE FRONT I TOOK THE PIC AT THE TOP OF OUR FORUM HOME PAGE. NAME AND FORUM ADDRESS.
GROUP CARDS? Front_12

FOR THE BACK I PUT SOME INFO ABOUT OUR MEET/TECH DAY AND CONTACT INFO JUST LIKE THE FLYER BRAD HAD PRINTED UP USING ALL HIS INK.
GROUP CARDS? Back_o12

HOW ABOUT EVERYONE POST YOUR OPINIONS ON THIS SUBJECT ONLY PLEASE AND IF YOU LIKE THE IDEA HOW MUCH $$ YOU ARE WILLING TO HELP WITH THIS IDEA. THANX
Back to top Go down
http://www.altasierrasmogstop.com
zuhaelter_82
SacTown
zuhaelter_82

GROUP CARDS? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GROUP CARDS?   GROUP CARDS? EmptyWed May 04, 2011 3:02 pm

This is something that everyone is going to get to pass around? Who is paying for them? I like them but the smog shop plug on the back make it seem like a business thing. No offense Cliff but I'm all about getting the word out about the group, but I have reservations about associating it with a specific business. I love that you offer up your shop once a month for everyone to get together, I just don't love putting it on a business card.
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

GROUP CARDS? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GROUP CARDS?   GROUP CARDS? EmptyWed May 04, 2011 3:27 pm

YES. WHATEVER AMOUNT WE GET WE CAN DIVIDE THEM BETWEEN THE MEMBERS THAT WANT TO CARRY THEM.

RIGHT NOW ITS JUST AN IDEA. SO IM ASKING OPINIONS AND IF YOU'D LIKE TO CHIP IN ON GETTING THEM. I JUST DID THE MATH FOR THE BIG ONE. 5000 CARDS DIVIDED BY THE 17 MEMBERS THAT HAVE LOGGED ON THIS MONTH (IN THE LAST 4 DAYS) 17 IT COMES TO $4.82 PER PERSON. THE MORE WE HAVE THE LESS IT'LL BE. WE CAN ORDER LESS TOO. ITS UP TO THE GROUP. WE MAY EVEN SQUASH THIS IDEA Question

WE CAN TAKE THE SHOP NAME OFF AND JUST HAVE THE ADDRESS?
Back to top Go down
Mateo
Admin
Mateo

GROUP CARDS? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GROUP CARDS?   GROUP CARDS? EmptyWed May 04, 2011 5:37 pm

I like the idea.

Is this something Jill would be interested in doing? I would rather give the business to her as she has been VERY supportive of our group.

She might be able to add a little of her artistic flair to the concept.

I would not mention the address or dates of the tech days. Rather focus on the forum for more information.

That way, for whatever reason, if we/the club change the days or location, the cards would still be valid.

Plus if a Sac group ends up forming, the can use the same cards.

Same goes for the contact information. I would provide links to the forum.

Maybe throw a new QR code for smart phones on it. Check them out if you are not familiar.

If we focused on a card that promotes the forum and the club in general I would be good for a 20 or so.

flower
Back to top Go down
Jim Douglas Jr
SacTown
Jim Douglas Jr

GROUP CARDS? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GROUP CARDS?   GROUP CARDS? EmptyWed May 04, 2011 7:40 pm

Keep shopping for price.
Thousands of cards seems like a lot, but not over 3 or 4 years, it's not.
And it only tallies up to a few dollars for each person, like the price of lunch at McDonalds.
Back to top Go down
http://lovebugfans.com/
amishman
State Route
amishman

GROUP CARDS? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GROUP CARDS?   GROUP CARDS? EmptyWed May 04, 2011 8:16 pm

I would carry some with me also and hand them out or stick on a windshield wiper if I see a VW and no owner nearby. So yup, I would chip in some $ also.

tj
Back to top Go down
http://www.vwhippie.com
type 4
State Route
type 4

GROUP CARDS? Empty
PostSubject: i am in   GROUP CARDS? EmptyWed May 04, 2011 9:36 pm

Cliff invests a day each month I think he should be on the back this time. Next order we vote again. I would not put you phone numbers on the card they can look up the smog shop if they choose to harass someone, pay back for the plug.

my 2 cents
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

GROUP CARDS? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GROUP CARDS?   GROUP CARDS? EmptyThu May 05, 2011 11:24 pm

Yeah I don't think of the "using the shop name" thing on the card is a plug at all. And if it is....so be it. He's a member of this group and we could stand to support him. Not to mention he offers up his shop for our monthly tech days.

All in all, I think this is a great idea. I'm down to help out, just let me know what, where and how much. I also think it's a great idea to see if we can toss this Jill's way and give her a piece of the action. She's not only a member but has also been a tremendous help with this group. I don't think the phone numbers is a bad idea. Some people have reservations and questions. It couldn't hurt.

Great idea Cliff!!
Back to top Go down
Mateo
Admin
Mateo

GROUP CARDS? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GROUP CARDS?   GROUP CARDS? EmptyFri May 06, 2011 12:13 am

I was no inferring that we shouldn't put Cliff's shop on the cards as it could be advertisement for him.

Hell, I think that is awesome and I would help Cliff out any way possible as he has truly been a great help to the group and to me personally on several occasions.

My thoughts were more along the lines of we should order a boatload of cards so therefore we should stay away from putting any information that could possibly change if the future near or far.

That is why I thought a link to the forum that would probably not change would be a safe bet.

Back to top Go down
Bradford
Admin
Bradford

GROUP CARDS? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GROUP CARDS?   GROUP CARDS? EmptyFri May 06, 2011 2:04 am

I want to thank Cliff first for moving forward on this. We talked about it and he just jumped right in! Thanks bro.

I think I agree with Matt.. just in case something changes... dates, places.. what ever. I don't care if the shop is on it or not.. and I know what you were thinking.. that way some one can swing by and talk to you directly about the club... which is smart.

So here is my idea:

Love the front.. keep it as is.

Back..

All VW enthusiast welcome
No membership required - come as you are

For more info visit our forum
stateroutevdubs.forumotion.com

Sponsored by:
Alta Sierra Smog Shop
(address & number here)
Grins Grafixs
(address & number here)

Something like that. This way there is still a away for someone to find us person to person, but we are not locked into dates or locations
And since you give up your place, you do sponsor us What a Face Same with Jill.. she really stepped up on the stickers and shirts. I think this is fair and equitable.
Back to top Go down
http://www.norcalvdubs.com
type 4
State Route
type 4

GROUP CARDS? Empty
PostSubject: cards   GROUP CARDS? EmptyFri May 06, 2011 10:25 am

For the first batch Cliff should be on it. He may sometime in the future may want his Saturdays free. Just dont order a million cards
Back to top Go down
zuhaelter_82
SacTown
zuhaelter_82

GROUP CARDS? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GROUP CARDS?   GROUP CARDS? EmptyFri May 06, 2011 10:42 am

Admin wrote:

Back..

All VW enthusiast welcome
No membership required - come as you are

For more info visit our forum
stateroutevdubs.forumotion.com

Sponsored by:
Alta Sierra Smog Shop
(address & number here)
Grins Grafixs
(address & number here)

I think Brad has the right idea here. Sponsored by: is a great way to help promote without giving the first impression that this is a business run group. I am more than willing to throw in some cash when the time comes. Give me a number and I will gladly pay it.

Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

GROUP CARDS? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GROUP CARDS?   GROUP CARDS? EmptyFri May 06, 2011 10:46 am

I LIKE THAT IDEA THERE BRAD.

EXCEPT FOR THE "NO MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED".

IM THINKING LIKE "NO MEMBERSHIP COSTS OR DUES REQUIRED. JUST YOUR PARTICAPATION-COME AS YOU ARE. AIR OR WATER COOLED.

I WILL MOCK IT UP AND POST PICS LATER FROM WORK.

JUST TO CLEAR IT UP IT WASNT MENT TO BE A PLUG FOR THE SHOP. JUST A LOCATION FOR OUR MONTHLY MEET/TECH DAYS. REALLY........HOW MANY BUGS, GHIAS, BUSES, THINGS, ETC. NEED TO BE SMOGGED Mad lol!

TO BE HONEST WE COULD START WITH LIKE 500 JUST TO GET THEM DONE. WE ALL KNOW SHOW SEASON IS UPON US NOW, SO I THINK IT WOULD BE GOOD TO GET THEM DONE ASAP SO WE CAN GET OUR NAME OUT THERE A BIT MORE. THIS IS ANOTHER WAY FOR EVERYONE TO ADVERTISE THE GROUP, ESPECIALLY THOSE THAT HAVENT GOTTEN YOUR GROUP STICKERS ON YOUR CAR YET pale Evil or Very Mad No . IF WE GET A BUNCH OF THEM THEN COOL WE SHOULD GET THEM A BIT MORE GENERIC. YOU GOTTA THINK ALL THE INFO IS HERE ON THE FORUM. IF SAC, PLACERVILLE, ETC. CHAPTERS STARTS AWESOME!!! DOES IT REALLY CHANGE ANYTHING?? AT THAT POINT WE WOULD JUST ADD ANOTHER LOCATION AND OR TIME FOR THOSE CHAPTERS HERE ON THE FORUM.

GOTTA GET READY FOR WORK MORE LATER. ID REALLY LIKE TO GET THESE DONE. THE SOONER THE BETTER I THINK.
Back to top Go down
zuhaelter_82
SacTown
zuhaelter_82

GROUP CARDS? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GROUP CARDS?   GROUP CARDS? EmptyFri May 06, 2011 10:50 am

Smogman72 wrote:

JUST TO CLEAR IT UP IT WASNT MENT TO BE A PLUG FOR THE SHOP. JUST A LOCATION FOR OUR MONTHLY MEET/TECH DAYS. REALLY........HOW MANY BUGS, GHIAS, BUSES, THINGS, ETC. NEED TO BE SMOGGED Mad lol!

Laughing Always thought it was funny that the guy that owns the smog shop drives pre smog cars...
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

GROUP CARDS? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GROUP CARDS?   GROUP CARDS? EmptyFri May 06, 2011 10:56 am

zuhaelter_82 wrote:
Laughing Always thought it was funny that the guy that owns the smog shop drives pre smog cars...

THE ONE CAR I OWN THAT I WOULD NEED TO SMOG TO DRIVE IS THAT DAMN CRX. ONLY ONE COMPANY MAKES A CA LEGAL CAT FOR THE 87 CIVIC SERIES BUT ONLY FOR THE SI MODELS. NO DX, HF, ETC. Evil or Very Mad

BUT YA. A LOT LESS HASSLE WITH THE STATE IF IM NOT SMOGGING MY OWN VEHICLES Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bradford
Admin
Bradford

GROUP CARDS? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GROUP CARDS?   GROUP CARDS? EmptyFri May 06, 2011 11:09 am

That's fine on the membership thing.. what ever works. I was not going to press the water cooled thing.. just say VW Enthusiast..that covers everyone. I want VW lovers, not kids that bought a Braut Rocket! LOL.

Also, looking at the front.. looks like the boarder around the pic will be white.. anyway to make that blue like the "vdubs" lettering.. might be a bit more 'flashy'.. just an idea!

So if we start with 500 cards... we need 8 people to throw in 5 bucks each. Looked like we have at least 5 here that says cool... so 8 bucks from 5 of us.

I will send out another email about the cards and see what comes back so we can maybe order next week. If need be, I will throw in 20 bucks so we can get this going.
Back to top Go down
http://www.norcalvdubs.com
zuhaelter_82
SacTown
zuhaelter_82

GROUP CARDS? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GROUP CARDS?   GROUP CARDS? EmptyFri May 06, 2011 11:27 am

Since our forum access link is https://stateroutevdubs.forumotion.com/ and kind of long... I have forwarded www.vdubluv.com .org and .net to our site. Feel free to use any of those if you would like. I have these domain names for 3 years and done nothing with them. I figured I may as well donate them to the group, lol.

EDIT: forwarding process may take a few hours.
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

GROUP CARDS? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GROUP CARDS?   GROUP CARDS? EmptyFri May 06, 2011 11:59 am

I guess I didn't realize we were water-cooled too..... confused
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

GROUP CARDS? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GROUP CARDS?   GROUP CARDS? EmptyFri May 06, 2011 1:04 pm

OK. HOW BOUT THIS FOR THE BACK? I KNOW I SPELT PARTICIPATION WRONG AND PROBOBLY ENTHUSIESTS, THAT CAN BE FIXED. ALSO JUST SAW "FOR MORE INFO. VISIT OUR AT:" THAT I CAN CHANGE TO "FOR MORE INFO. VISIT OUR FORUM AT:" OR "FOR MORE INFO. VISIT US AT:"

GROUP CARDS? Back_o13
Back to top Go down
zuhaelter_82
SacTown
zuhaelter_82

GROUP CARDS? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GROUP CARDS?   GROUP CARDS? EmptyFri May 06, 2011 4:36 pm

Does your shop have a logo like Grins Graphics? Maybe just put the logo under the sponsored by.
Back to top Go down
zuhaelter_82
SacTown
zuhaelter_82

GROUP CARDS? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GROUP CARDS?   GROUP CARDS? EmptyFri May 06, 2011 4:37 pm

I just checked... www.vdubluv.com brings you straight to the forums Cool
Back to top Go down
Davids74Super
SacTown
Davids74Super

GROUP CARDS? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GROUP CARDS?   GROUP CARDS? EmptySat May 07, 2011 12:28 pm

Just make sure the spelling is correct.

Participation
Back to top Go down

GROUP CARDS? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GROUP CARDS?   GROUP CARDS? EmptySat May 07, 2011 10:29 pm

Just saw this thread for the first time...... I'll pitch in a few bucks for cards. I like the idea of 500 or so to start with, then see how it goes.
Back to top Go down
Andy
State Route
Andy

GROUP CARDS? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GROUP CARDS?   GROUP CARDS? EmptySun May 08, 2011 10:33 am

I'm good for a few dollars if it helps
Back to top Go down
Low Class
State Route
Low Class

GROUP CARDS? Empty