Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

When is next Grass Valley Tech Day?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
amishman
State Route
amishman

When is next Grass Valley Tech Day? Empty
PostSubject: When is next Grass Valley Tech Day?   When is next Grass Valley Tech Day? EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 8:42 pm

Do we have a tech day planned for June in Grass Valley?

Would like to bring my Thing over and get help figuring out my possible charging issue. Nice when you have others that have done stuff before and can help.

I "think" it could be the voltage regulator but would like to confirm my generator is doing its thing, but not 100% sure how to test those things.

I might tinker before the next tech day but if not, may bring it by and see what others think.

tj
Back to top Go down
http://www.vwhippie.com
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: When is next Grass Valley Tech Day?   When is next Grass Valley Tech Day? EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 10:38 am

Not really sure. I have not heard anything. I'll see what I can find out and let you know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovebugfans.com
Mateo
Admin
Mateo

PostSubject: Re: When is next Grass Valley Tech Day?   When is next Grass Valley Tech Day? EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 11:16 am

The next one should be this Saturday the 16th but I have not heard from Cliff if he is hosting...
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: When is next Grass Valley Tech Day?   When is next Grass Valley Tech Day? EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 1:03 pm

YUP. THAT IS THE PLAN. IVE BEEN SUPER BUSY WITH MY MOVE SO HAVENT GOT A CHANCE TO REALLY GET ON HERE MUCH. BUT YES THIS COMING SATURDAY. JUNE 16
Back to top Go down
http://www.altasierrasmogstop.com
amishman
State Route
amishman

PostSubject: Re: When is next Grass Valley Tech Day?   When is next Grass Valley Tech Day? EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 12:39 pm

I will be there tomorrow in the Thing.

I need help testing to confirm my generator is outputing what it should. I could not figure out a way to test generator with a meter and rev engine at same time to see if volts go up since my meter has no aligator clips and I only had two hands so figured I would roll in and see if I can rev the engine and have someone meter it to see, or visa versa.

I will also bring a new Voltage Regulator in case my genny is OK and from what I hear that voltage regulator could be the culprit.

Also will get some genny brushes although I have no clue on how to replace them since I have never done that before on a VW or any car so anyway, will see what can be done without bothering too many people.

tj
Back to top Go down
http://www.vwhippie.com
mikeinch

mikeinch

PostSubject: Re: When is next Grass Valley Tech Day?   When is next Grass Valley Tech Day? EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 2:23 am

I'm going to try to make it to this one. I could use a second opinion on my bugs timing.
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: When is next Grass Valley Tech Day?   When is next Grass Valley Tech Day? EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 12:44 pm

IM HERE AND GATES OPEN. IF ALL WHO SHOW GET DONE WITH EVERYTHING BY NOON THAT WOULD BE AWESOME. I STILL HAVE A LOT TO MOVE SEEING THAT IS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE OUT OF THE HOUSE YESTERDAY THE 15TH. IM GONNA TRY TO BE COMPLETELY DONE TODAY!!!! IF YOU CAN HELP.....THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!!! MY BACK IS KILLING ME
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: When is next Grass Valley Tech Day?   When is next Grass Valley Tech Day? EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 2:52 pm

OK. CLOSING DOWN AND HEADING HOME. AS FAR AS YOUR TIMING ID GO WITH RAYS REC. AT FULL ADVANCE (25-3000 RPM) WITH VAC ADVANCE 40BTDC, WITHOUT VAC ADVANCE 28-32BTDC.
Back to top Go down
mikeinch

mikeinch

PostSubject: Re: When is next Grass Valley Tech Day?   When is next Grass Valley Tech Day? EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 3:00 pm

Just made it back home. couldn't find the shop. I programed your address into my GPS but forgot to bring your number. Bug ran up great but started having trouble idling on the way back. I think its a carb issue. Sorry, if I knew you needed help with the move I would have just drove up with my truck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When is next Grass Valley Tech Day?   When is next Grass Valley Tech Day? Empty

Back to top Go down

When is next Grass Valley Tech Day?
Page 1 of 1